INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Make playback method zone-specific  (Read 878 times)

paul74

• Recent member
Feature request: Make playback method zone-specific
« on: April 05, 2011, 03:50:16 pm »

This is my first post after years of reading this forum (since version 10), so bear with me.

I am using 2 zones in 2 different rooms.  I want to have videos play on a different monitor based on which zone is used.  This works fine if I use JRiver video engine or automatic as the playback method.  However,  I prefer using zoom player for video playback by using 'the external player (custom)' playback method.  I can't figure out a simple way to make the video jump to my secondary monitor, but only for Zone 2.

The easiest solution for this would be if the playback method was zone-specific.  Didn't it used to be?  I'm sure it's not now, with 16.0.63.

The only other solution I've thought of was to try to use the [Zone] keyword (if possible) as a part of the zoom player command line arguments.  (If I named the zones "1" and "2", the argument would be something like /F:[Zone] to open the video fullscreen in the correct monitor).

Has anybody tried something like this?  Anybody else see zone-specific playback method as useful?

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request: Make playback method zone-specific
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:42:32 pm »

BUMP!

I would also really love to be able to set different playback methods for different zones. I really need it because I have a projector and two TVs in other rooms and different playback settings/filters looks good on the different screens. It's quite annoying to have to go into video options every time I change rooms if I want the best possible picture quality.

Can that feature be added, pleeeeeease?

Why not make ALL settings zone specific? And maybe add an option to copy certain settings between zones for convenience?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up