INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.63 -- Available Here  (Read 2836 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.63 -- Available Here
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:38:29 am »

This is the latest beta version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160063.exe

16.0.63 (4/1/2011)

1. Changed: Added more logging to SSDP responder.
2. Fixed: Updated YouTube support for recent YouTube site changes.

16.0.62 (3/31/2011)

1. Fixed: When editing more than 100 files at a time in the Tag Action Window, tabbing after a change would discard the change instead of confirm the change.

16.0.61 (3/30/2011)

1. NEW: Library Server client wakes a sleeping server when connecting (requires using an Access Key to connect, and also enabling wake on lan / wan on your network).
2. Fixed: Manually adding a library location for a library that was previously found on the network but not currently available would not work nicely.
3. Changed: Improved video quality settings for Android conversions.
4. Fixed: ID3v2 tags with big-endian UTF-16 values were not being read correctly.

16.0.60 (3/29/2011)

1. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: In some cases, the installer could incorrectly reboot instead of launch the program after an install (only applies to builds 53-59).
4. Changed: When the installer wishes to restart, clicking 'Finish' with the 'Restart Windows now' box checked will show a confirmation dialog to avoid unexpected restarts.
5. Fixed: Aspect ratio on Android video conversions was sometimes incorrect.
6. Changed: Video encoding profile simplified somewhat for Android conversions.

16.0.59 (3/29/2011)

1. Fixed: When registering MAC addresses for wake on lan, the last MAC address would not be included in some case.

16.0.58 (3/28/2011)

1. Changed: Refined mp4/m4a tag reader so it will get more precise bitrate values.  It will also handle very large files (ones requiring 64bit integers).
2. Fixed: ID3v2 tag reading and writing of COMM frames was not working properly (only applies to build 53 - 57).
3. Changed: Added support for some additional ID3v2.2 frames.
4. Fixed: High sample rate ALAC files would play at 44.1 instead of the higher sample rate.
5. Fixed: DLNA server, return sane content length when seek is requested past EOF. Fixes stall problem with XBMC and mp3's. Perhaps others...

16.0.57 (3/24/2011)

1. Fixed: Video encoder for Android was not getting automatically updated to the latest version.
2. Fixed: mp4/m4a tag reader got bitrate wrong.
3. Fixed: More configuration for Android video conversion.
4. Changed: When registering for an Access Key, the server's MAC address is sent so that Wake on WAN/LAN will be possible with Gizmo.  Library Server soon.

16.0.56 (3/22/2011)

1. Fixed: The statusbar could show that a page was loading indefinitely when using the Internet Explorer engine.
2. Fixed: The minimize and close buttons could overlap on a skin that used different sizes for the buttons when a frame had no maximize button.
3. Fixed: It was not possible to seek ALAC files.
4. Fixed: An undo operation (ctrl-z) on a rename of a stacked file would not work for the underlying stacked files.
5. Fixed: A rename operation on a stacked file that was named differently from the stack top file would show an incorrect error message.
6. NEW: Added tag writing option from Options > General to the main program menu: Edit > Update Tags When File Info Changes.
7. NEW: Tag writing option is also available as a toolbar button.
8. Fixed: Video conversion for Android would behave poorly on files with a video filetype but containing only audio.
9. Fixed: Image playback with a pan and zoom slideshow could sparkle on the edges of images.
10. Changed: When viewing an image at 100%, a pixel-perfect overlay will always be rendered once zooming / scrolling have finished.
11. Fixed: Mp4/m4a tagging reading could deadlock on some files containing copyright notice.
12. Fixed: Transitioning from native audio playback to Directshow audio playback when there was an audio format change could lead to problems.
13. Fixed: Some M4A files would not play properly.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 16.0.63 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 10:19:18 am »

New Vermaje,
I've moved your post to a new thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63458.0

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Sorting problem
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 05:03:24 am »

I've noticed in MC 16 that I have a sorting problem.  I ripped 4 CD's with EAC.  I imported them all at the same time (the all have the same date & time stamp under Date Imported).  When I select track, album, artist and then date imported one of the 4 albums is no longer grouped together but it is split with tracks 7-11 next album then tracks 1-6.  This spliting albums takes place throughout my catalog.

I have noticed this for several release of 16.

Thanks,

Tunetyme

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: Netflix Problems
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:31:07 am »

I am having 2 problems with Netflix playback (I'm using the IE 8 "engine").

1) The movie is not shown fullscreen and not fit to the screen (trying "The End Of The Line" HD title).
2) "Pause" just shows the bottom Netflix controls but is otherwise ignored (movie keeps playing).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

bste007

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:13:59 am »

hi - new to this but can not seem to find catwalk on the net anymore... or where to download it from - or is it included in the latest version? i would like to purchase jrvier but would like to make sure it is working on one of my devices before i purchase. also when i used it last night for some reason on one device the album art showed up and on the other it didn't. is there someway i could have my temporary licence extended a coluple of days to make sure it is working before taking the plunge. i am using it to control linn kinsky. thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 11:20:49 am »

This thread is reserved for bug reports, but there was a reply to your other post here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62283.msg422699#msg422699

You could try a Google search for catwalk, or ask at the Linn forums.

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 09:37:32 pm »

Sorry, I was not clear you wanted bug posts here.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63482.0  has a possible bug report from me in it.
-Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up