INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping issue-OK so how do I do this ??  (Read 1822 times)

jcbbytes

Ripping issue-OK so how do I do this ??
« on: April 10, 2011, 11:30:38 am »

This may be very simple but as a newbie it has me confused.
Many of my CDs are compilations of Jazz or Chill / Lounge music.Perfecto, thievery Corp or Buddah Bar are examples.
Sometimes I end up with individual tracks placed in their own cover art album.
1-why does this happen?
2-How can I move these errant tracks back into the main ripped album ?

I learn by doing so what do I need to do ?

Thanks-J

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Ripping issue
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 11:32:45 am »

You'll want Artist to reflect the individual artists.  Clear Album Artist, then MC will assign it as (Multiple Artists).  Be sure the Album title is exactly the same in each.  Be sure you have not filled in Album Artist (auto) with data; let MC do it. If you have, just clear it for all tracks.  During the Rip, be sure to set the correct track artists.

See: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

You can then use the Rename, Move, Copy tool to move the files into the correct location, or you can quit MC and move them yourself and let MC check for new imports, whereby it will fix its internal locations of the files.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jcbbytes

Re: Ripping issue
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:00:16 pm »

I follow the idea but do not know how to implement it -can you please give me "baby steps"that I can follow and learn from
I know we all start as a newbie but boy is it painful and frustrating
Your patience and help is greatly appreciated-J

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Ripping issue-OK so how do I do this ??
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 05:50:15 pm »

Do you know how to take a screenshot?  If so, let's get a view of your tracks.

Go to Audio in the tree, and select Album.  This should give you a set of album thumbnails.  Hover over one of the albums that is giving you trouble, and you'll see the words Play and File pop-up.   Select File.  This will open a "Details" pane below, that shows you a series of colums, such as track Name, Artist, Album, Genre, and Filename.  These are what we're interested in seeing for now.

Since you are seeing tracks broken into several albums, Control-Select the album thumbnails that comprise the entire set of tracks.  Then, screenshot this, showing the Details.

You probably won't be able to post your image here in the forums just yet.  So, see this first:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Posting_Images
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

juice370

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Ripping issue-OK so how do I do this ??
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 07:48:44 am »

Is it not just a case of assigning all tracks the same (Album Artist) header and kepping the (Artist) different... Then they'll all group within Album Artist.

Highlight all you want to edit > right click > rename, just change the top one > hit return.

I'm new too, but that's all I do at this point. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I'll soon find out.

If you want to edit outside of MC, grab Tag & Rename software off a torrent site or if you have the $$$ pay for it. That's my disclaimer before i get slammed. Phew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up