INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard Control  (Read 1335 times)

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
Keyboard Control
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:27:51 am »

Hi,

Back when I ran MC15 on XP. I used to be able to use my keyboard's media buttons (play/pause, next track, previous track) to control MC15 whether the program was in focus or not.

Since I upgraded to Windows7, the media buttons on the same keyboard would only work when MC15 was the in-focus application. However, the keyboard seems to have no problem controlling itunes or winamp regardless of their focus. And if I have one of those apps open in the background but am running MC15 in the foreground, the keyboard will control the other media player in the background and not MC15.

This week my old MS keyboard died so I picked up a new Logitech MK710 keyboard with media controls, hoping a change of software would get me back to full MC15 keyboard control, but the same behavior persists.

Anyone have any idea how I can get Windows 7 to consider MC15 my primary media player and not these other apps that I only use for isolated purposes? I'd really like to be able to once again skip tracks and pause the audio without having to switch app focus.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up