INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer Tags from mp3 to flac  (Read 1263 times)

jherbert

• World Citizen
Transfer Tags from mp3 to flac
« on: April 17, 2011, 07:29:07 am »

During the last two years I did all ripping to mp3 and flac via dbpoweramp. My workflow was flawed in that I edited the tags in mp3 instead of flac, so I have perfect tags in one file and lossles sound in the other. Filenames and the path to the respective files are highly likely to be different, as they follow the edited tags in the case of the mp3 files while being unchanged with the flac files.

In the future I plan to rip to flac, edit tags, add covers and convert to mp3 in a final step.

For the files I have on hand now I am looking for a way to transfer all tags plus album art from the mp3 files to their flac counterparts. Any suggestions on this?

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Transfer Tags from mp3 to flac
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 07:52:16 am »

there are several ways, but i think c's magic trick is the best if you dont want to "mess a round " with the db  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46087.0  :D
MT5FR

jherbert

• World Citizen
Re: Transfer Tags from mp3 to flac
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:56:33 am »

Very helpful, thank you. I did not realize there was a stacking feature that helps to sync a title in different formats. As the tagging of files has drifted apart quite a bit in my case I would appreciate a way to define the rules for autostacking, as mentioned in the thread you pointed me to.

Actually the mockup of a screen to do this led me to think it has been done already, while unfortunately this is not the case. But maybe we may hope for such a feature. Should not be too hard to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up