INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Crossfade & Replay Gain actually work when burning a CD  (Read 1186 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Does Crossfade & Replay Gain actually work when burning a CD
« on: April 17, 2011, 10:08:20 pm »

I have tried a couple a test discs here lately and it seems that no matter what settings I use - I do not hear my crossfades or replay gain when burning a mixed playlist to CD. Would love to know what settings need to be on for this to work. I use crossfade (Aggressive -2) and replay gain (Fixed +6db) extensively when using MC to play my stuff...and would love to be able to burn mixed comps for the car - with each track at a correct uniform level - instead of the volume war disaster I usually end up with....

Appreciate any tips.

Cheers!

VP

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Re: Does Crossfade & Replay Gain actually work when burning a CD
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:49:18 am »

I remember a thread about this some time ago and I have not been able to find it.  As I recall the answer to your question is yes.  I believe however, you need to copy the files into a playlist first.  Apply all your adjustments and then burn from the playlist.  I am not absolutely certain that this will work. Let me know.

Tunetyme

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 10:28:59 am »

I remember a thread about this some time ago and I have not been able to find it.  As I recall the answer to your question is yes.  I believe however, you need to copy the files into a playlist first.  Apply all your adjustments and then burn from the playlist.  I am not absolutely certain that this will work. Let me know.

Playlist or Smartlist? I believe I was burning from Smartlist and it did nothing...the track volumes were all over the map and a 2 second gap was present between every track....will try a straight playlist to see if that works...

EDIT: So I tried this...and the cross-fading does not work. The volume leveling sorta looks like it's working but I need a bit more time to listen to a few more tracks to see if the levels are consistent.

VP

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:03:47 am »

Perhaps one of the heavy weights will address this for you.  As I said, I remember a post about it some time ago.  It could be gapless as I manage to burn some CD's without a gap several years ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up