INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: custom library field error  (Read 1649 times)

CEONelson

• Recent member
custom library field error
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:40:25 pm »

I created a library field called Audio Keywords that is a list (semicolon delimited) type that I use to tag my music.  This feature is one of the main reasons I bought MC and has been working great up until today.  I have the Audio Keywords tag window up and it shows all of the tags that I have in there as checkboxes (my rip, drums, epic, fav, etc etc).  I imported some more albums today and created a new keyword for it, hit enter and it was added to the bottom of the list and checked like it should be. 

When I click on the next track, all of the checkboxes went away and the only thing that was shown is whatever tags were already checked.  If I undo the new list addition and click on other tracks everything is shown properly as before.  How can I add more list items and get it to show all of the checked and unchecked items like it did before? 

I was using MC15 but installed the beta in hopes that it would fix the problem but it didn't (though thankfully now audio hotkeys are working so I can finally control my music using the keyboard again).

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: custom library field error
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:06:09 am »

it's not an error

15.0.125 (10/1/2010)

2. NEW: New interface for tagging list-type fields that supports ordering (right-click to get recently added tags, and other commands).

it's really neat  :)
MT5FR

CEONelson

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:15:03 am »

so how do I bring that up?  I've right clicked everywhere that I can think of - I see ordering, but no recently added tags.  Either way it doesn't help me as I always have the tag window open and right clicking adds an extra step, and I'm going through and tagging all of my music so I'm not just clicking on a couple of the tags.

Good:

then I add another field and it only shows the ones that are checked = horribly not user friendly:

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 11:25:58 am »

you can do some reading in the forum, use search function
MT5FR

CEONelson

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 11:06:24 am »

Please enlighten me as I spent an hour yesterday searching on list-type and tag and other keywords I can think of and nothing shows how that feature you quoted works.

But like I said, what I am encountering is still a bug as the screens show.

221bBS

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 11:43:23 am »

I find this annoying, for the most part it would be nice to have it list all my options instead or having to scroll down or type part of the word that I'm looking for. It would be nice to have an option to display everything. Especially for my custom genre field. :'(

CEONelson

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 11:45:47 am »

I find this annoying, for the most part it would be nice to have it list all my options instead or having to scroll down or type part of the word that I'm looking for. It would be nice to have an option to display everything. Especially for my custom genre field. :'(

Yeah... Matt said that they will increase it to 50 in a coming build, but maybe if you ask him nicely they can make it an option where we can set whatever amount we need...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63682.msg425640#msg425640

rick.ca

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 02:12:59 pm »

Bear in mind you're considering a use-case in which you feel it would be better to show all values in the selection box—even though all values are available in the drop-down list and can be accessed randomly by typing. This would not be desirable in some cases, or even work in others (like the one Matt mentions in that post). A global option would only help those who only use list fields in one type of use-case. To be effective, such an option would have to be applied to view, or at least media type. But would that really be better than just cutting it off at 50?

BTW, you might find "pane tagging" more convenient for the task of tagging something like a keywords field. At first glance, it would seem to be even more restrictive than the tagging window—in that it will only show values that exist in the files currently displayed. That makes it rather useless if all the files currently displayed are not yet tagged. The simple solution is to create one dummy file that's tagged with all values, and include it in the view with the files you wish to tag.
Pages: [1]   Go Up