INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playing "connected media" to zone  (Read 1879 times)

rolinger

• Recent member
playing "connected media" to zone
« on: April 18, 2011, 05:26:14 pm »

Hello,

Is there anyway to play internet radio/streams from the "Audio => Connected Media" section to other zones?  I am trying to stream music from SHOUTCast to the bedroom in my house which has AirPort Express connecting to a pair of speakers.  If there is, please let me know how.  If there isn't, please add this as a feature request.

Thanks.

dexterdom

• Recent member
Re: playing "connected media" to zone
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:31:29 pm »

I have a similar question. I'm trying to play my connected media to my ipod touch (using plugplayer) but "connected media" does not appear on the interface. I also checked webremote and it's not there either. Is it not possible to stream "connected media"?
 :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 01:07:17 pm »

If you make a playlist of web radio stations, you may be able to play the playlist.  Support will depend on the device doing the playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 03:13:08 pm »

Thanks Matt - I tried this but couldn't figure out how to add a connected media item to a playlist. I also checked the wiki but it only talks about adding media files to a playlist, and those methods don't work for connected media objects... any pointers?
I'm a new MC user (this is week #2 with MC16) and I'm loving it so far :)
Cheers
Dom

EDIT: I had a better look at the wiki and found instructions on how to add web radio objects to the library and playlists...

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 08:47:59 pm »

OK so I've been experimenting a bit and could use some help.

I created some new playlists:
- one that only references audio media (local flac files)
- one that only references web-radio URLs
- one that references a mix of the above two things

I cannot see any of these playlists in PlugPlayer (running on an ipod touch G4). From plugplayer I can browse/play any of my Audio library content (MP3 and flac files) so I know it's successfully connecting to the library server. I also see the canned MC playlists (Imported, Smartlists, Recently Played, Top Hits) but no manually created playlists seem to make it to Plugplayer.

I have cross-posted this question over on the plugplayer forums and was told that plugplayer does not filter anything so it must be an issue with MC not sending the playlist information to the client.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there is a setting I may need to check?

I'm using MC16.0.75 and plugplayer 3.6.0

Thanks ?  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up