INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AutoEQ is back  (Read 9401 times)

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
  • You don't know what you're missing until its gone
AutoEQ is back
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:49:47 am »

Hi All,

I've just posted the latest version of AutoEQ. We'll have to wait until JRiver publishes it in the Plugin - Interfaces section.

This version should work with any MC since 12 (tested 14 and 15). In the previous versions the assembly with the API delivered with MC needed to be copied into the development enviroment. The plugin was then compiled using this assembly. The disadvantage of that is that for each new version of MC I would have to create a new plugin. Now JRiver also supplies a Type Library which gives me the abillity to create a version that sticks with all MC Versions as long as JRiver does not change the interfaces to the methods in the library and leaves the GUID's alone.

In other words. This version should work with at least version 14 and up.

I've found a little (annoying) bug which I haven't been able to solve yet (could be a bug in MC not shure yet). It concerns the big red/green enable/disable Equalizer button in the main window. This does not switch the DSP Equalizer on/off anymore. As soon as we (JRiver or me) solve this I'll let you know. A workarround for this is to switch the Equalizer on/off in the DSP Studio window.

Have fun!

Regards
Paul

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
Re: AutoEQ is back
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 09:12:04 am »

Just tested with MC16. Works!

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 03:32:13 pm »

please post a download link or attachment
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 03:53:10 pm »

please post a download link or attachment

I have posted 2 plugins with JRiver. We will have to wait until they publish these on the website. Attachments can only be 600 Kb max and the setup for my plugins is larger.

Regards
Paul

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:17:21 am »

Posted the downloads to my blog too. http://sinnema.ch/?p=56

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 03:13:21 pm »

I get the error "Interface plug-in AutoEQ could not be found or created" when clicking "show" in the plug-in manager
Am I missing something? Do I need to add more than just the AutoEQ.dll?
Version 16.0.72
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 03:31:15 pm »

Did you install using the setup. If so everything you need should automatically be present. Ah wait a sec. I never use the plug in manager. On the left in the menu there should be an entry for AutoEQ. That's where you can activate the plug in.

I'm not going to be able to repair anything because at the moment I'm abroad until the 27th but I'll monitor the Forum from my IPad.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 03:40:46 pm »

Yes I ran the setup, then went into the plug-in manager and added the AutoEQ.dll
Should it have already been there after running the setup?
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 04:00:00 pm »

There's no need to add anything. Just run setup and you're done. In the menu on the left under 'Services & Plugins' there should be an entry for AutoEQ. Click it and expand the Help at the bottom off the plugin for a description.

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 04:01:38 pm »

If you ran setuo with MC active you should restart MC in order for the plugin to get loaded.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 04:17:00 pm »

After running setup in MC16 it is visible in plug-in manager but not the tree, in MC15 it is visible in the tree but I get the same "Interface plug-in AutoEQ could not be found or created" error when I click on it.
I tried a uninstall/reinstall and system reboot.
Any ideas?
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 05:32:37 pm »

Hmmmm.... Looks like something is missing in the install. I'm sorry for the problems. If you go to your program files\j river\sb software\ directory. Which files are present? Is there a MediaCenter.dll?

It's midnight here. i'll be sleeping soon. See you tomorrow.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

Hmmmm.... Looks like something is missing in the install. I'm sorry for the problems. If you go to your program files\j river\sb software\ directory. Which files are present? Is there a MediaCenter.dll?

It's midnight here. i'll be sleeping soon. See you tomorrow.

AutoEQ.dll
AutoEQ.dll.config
AutoEQ.pdb
AutoEQ.tlb
Library.dll
Library.pdb
MediaCenter.dll
SharpLibrary.dll
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 02:01:47 am »

That's a bit worrying. Everything seems to be in place.

Do me favor and also install AutoSkypeMute and tell me if that shows up in MC or not.

Ekpen

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 08:37:57 am »

I installed both, got same error. Yesterday, I did several installs of each, no luck.
I am using MC 16.72.
I wish you could name the setup.exe differently, though it could b renamed at this user's end.
Thanks.
Ekpen

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 09:11:09 am »

Same result with SkypeMute.
I am installing Visual Studio 2010 and a few other things to see if I can come up with a reason why it is not working.
I am just guessing that there is some sort of environment tool I am missing that needs to be present for example a .net framework or something.
What OS are you running and what all tools/sdk/frameworks/etc do you have installed.
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 12:09:42 pm »

Hi Ekpen,

Really appreciate you taking all this trouble but I'm pretty sure it can't be anything in your environment.the real problem here's that the plugin engine of MC can't or doesn't report what really is the problem. A message like you receive does not say very much and defenitly does not help us track the problem easily.

To answer your questions which I have to do from memory:
- I'm running Windows 7 64 bit
- .Net 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5
- Have several SDK's installed which I don't remember at the moment but in mho do not present a problem.

I'm incapable to assist you in any other way then provide info at the moment. At the 28th I'll be back home again.

Regards
Paul

rick.ca

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 04:38:50 pm »

FWIW, I'm using Windows 7 x64. I updated .Net client 4.0 (the latest version I could find) and installed AutoEQ. I'm seeing the same thing as others.

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 04:46:36 pm »

I'm sorry guys. We'll have to wait until I'm back home. Thanks for all the testing.

Cheers
Paul

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 06:11:33 pm »

Don't know if this will help but here is the debug info from MC when I click on AutoEQ

[2644] 0455647: 5464: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Start
[2644] 0455647: 5464: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Loading plugin: AutoEQ
[2644] 0455647: 5464: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Loading options
[2644] 0455647: 5464: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Options loaded (GUID: {DED41D49-C8AF-3656-A122-C38930B786C4}
[2644] 0455647: 5464: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Build plug-in information object
[2644] 0455647: 5464: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Attempting to create COM control
[2644] 0455647: 5464: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Failed (last error = 0x490)
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 01:44:51 am »

Yeah... Super now I know what is wrong. I forgot to add a registration for the MediaCenter.dll in my InnoSetup. The dll must be registered in order to be found. I know you can register it yourself here's how:

regsvr32 <path & filename of dll or ocx>

This also explains why it is working on my PC because (I think) Tlbimp automatically registers it during import of the Type Library.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 05:06:07 am »

can you give a more specific description of what I need to do to register the dll, I am a rookie and don't know exactly what to do.
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 10:35:37 am »

I have to do this from memory. If I remember correctly the program is in the windows\system32 directory. But it is not really relevant where it is. Just open a cmd box (go to start search for 'command' right click the command entry found and 'run as administrator'. On the command line type the command suggested above.

Here's an article with info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146219/en-us

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56:48 am »

I should probably wait to put them up in the plugins page until you've got a new Setup.exe, right Paul?

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 11:35:54 am »

Defenitly yes. Thanks Bob

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 01:24:20 pm »

When I try and register the dll I get:
The module "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\SB Software\Plugins\AutoEQ\MediaCenter.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

According to what I have found about the error a .net dll can not be registered with Regsvr32 only ActiveX and Controls can be.
You did do this in .net correct?

Looks like I will be waiting until some time after the 28th when you get home to get this working.  :'(

Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 01:34:24 pm »

Ekpen,

Hmm.... Didn't know that one. I'm really sorry for causing you so much trouble. I guess waiting is the best solution. I'll contact you again as soon as I'm back home.

Regards
Paul

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 02:05:41 am »

Hi All,

Well, it's been a bit of a struggle but I think I solved it. I found out that VS2010 registers the AutoEQ assembly after compilation. That explains why it was working perfectly on my development system but not on any other installation. I found a mistake in my InnoSetup that caused the plugin not to work on other installations. I now tested it in a Virtual Machine running Windows XP and it works perfectly.

I you go to my blog you can download the latest install of AutoEQ http://sinnema.ch/?p=56.

Regards
Paul

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 02:27:33 am »

You the MAN Paul works perfectly now. I guess I have got some EQ settings to configure now, that should
keep me busy for quite some time (17xxx files). I am sure I will never set up profiles for all of them though.
Thanks for an awesome plugin I had been wanting something like this for quite some time.
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 03:07:21 am »

Hi EkPen,

Thanks, I'm glad it works now. I'll upload AutoSkypeMute too soon. And thanks for sticking with me and persueing the problem. Have fun!

B.t.w. you can visualize the AutoEQ field added to the DB by adding the field in the view of f.i. Playing Now.

Regards
Paul

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 03:25:02 am »

What are the chances of you adding a select currently playing track from the "Songs" menu.
A double click of a song loading the saved profile would also be a nice feature.

I have noticed that there have been a couple of times that you have replied to me as EkPen.
Is there a glitch in the forum causing the wrong username to come up or was it just an oversight.
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 03:32:40 am »

Sorry Scolex,

Took the wrong username and it stuck in my brain.

I might consider adding features but I'm quit busy preparing myself for my new job starting soon.

One more remark. The big red/green toggle button in the Equalizer does not function correctly at the moment. I've already reported this to J River. As soon as they fix it (or give me a workaround) I'll let you know. For now you'll have to enable the Equalizer via the DSP Studio.

Regards
Paul

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 03:41:10 am »

What are the chances of you adding a select currently playing track from the "Songs" menu.
A double click of a song loading the saved profile would also be a nice feature.

Could you describe a bit better what you would like to have here?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 04:20:48 am »

I will let a picture help me articulate what I was talking about.
If I click the button highlighted by the arrow the currently playing track would be loaded for setting the EQ profile instead of having to select a field and type a search string that would return that song.
If I double click on a file in the songs menu the one highlighted in blue for example it would load the saved profile parameters from the database into the Mixer.
I think both of these would be a great benefit since this type of setting is done during playback of given song and being able to recall the current profile of given song would make it easier to tweak instead of having to reset everything.
I know that isn't much more of an explanation but in my current sleep deprived state it is the best I can do.

I thought of one other thing that I think would be nice, instead of displaying a +/- 0-100 use +/- 12db. I am not a programmer so I don't know if that would be pretty straight forward or not but in my mind it would only require a simple x/8.33 calculation.

I hope I don't come across as ungrateful asking for these changes/enhancements because the work you have done is greatly appreciated but it is just my nature. This stems from the fact that any time I have ever developed anything I have always yearned for massive amounts of input.
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 05:42:52 am »

Scolex,

Just implemented restoring the Equalizer to the values set in song on double click as suggested. You can download it from my blog. Better keep the previous version handy somewhere in case it does not work ;-)

Regards
Paul

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 06:16:38 am »

Thanks
At first I didn't think it was working because I didn't realize that you have to click on the text instead of being able to click anywhere within the row/cell.
I sure wish I knew how to program in c++ or c# but I have never come across a tutorial that allowed me to retain what I was doing. Without anything
to relate what you are doing it is hard to remember and everything I have done has been of the open this, type that nature without an explanation of
what/why, affect/effect, etc.
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 06:34:50 am »

Just noticed a little bug with the Songs table/frame/scroll bar. The bottom is not visible preventing you from using click - shift+click to select all files for given search.
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 06:42:13 am »

Hi Scolex,

Just implemented the 'Playing Now' as suggested. You can download it from my blog.

With displaying -12 - +12 instead of 0 - 100 do you mean in the 'AutoEQ' Field? That is going to be a problem because many people using my plugin already have values in the field. What's displayed is the actual value of the 'AutoEQ' Field.

Regards
Paul

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 06:47:44 am »

Hi Scolex,

- Programmed the double-click a bit different. It should now work in any part of the row.
- Solved the bug in the grid.

You can now download it from the blog.

Regards
Paul

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 07:08:29 am »

Just implemented the 'Playing Now' as suggested. You can download it from my blog.

With displaying -12 - +12 instead of 0 - 100 do you mean in the 'AutoEQ' Field? That is going to be a problem because many people using my plugin already have values in the field. What's displayed is the actual value of the 'AutoEQ' Field.

Yes I was referring to the info displayed in the "AutoEQ" field.
Don't give it a second thought I didn't think about the ramifications the long time users may face. I will just make mental note for myself as I am used to db values vs what is effectively a % value.

- Programmed the double-click a bit different. It should now work in any part of the row.
- Solved the bug in the grid.

Thanks again and WOW you are quick.

I almost feel guilty for getting this much enjoyment out of a new gadget that I didn't have to pay for.
Sean

Ekpen

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 07:33:46 am »

Greetings:

Thank you for renaming this AutoEQ add-on.. I have installed it on MC 16.75. The installation completed ok.
Is there any special settings I need to adjust to get the same screen as you have it . I just get a white screen ,nothing happens. The image I get is different from the picture of I see.
Curently I am using the new  Purity (large) skin.
Moreover, when I play a song, it does not seem to work or kick in while the song is playing.
I am using the MC 16.75 on Acer with Win 7 64 bit.
Thanks again for sharing.
Ekpen.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 07:37:38 am »

Greetings:

Thank you for renaming this AutoEQ add-on.. I have installed it on MC 16.75. The installation completed ok.
Is there any special settings I need to adjust to get the same screen as you have it . I just get a white screen ,nothing happens. The image I get is different from the picture of I see.
Curently I am using the new  Purity (large) skin.

I am using the MC 16.75 on Acer with Win 7 64 bit.
Thanks again for sharing.
Ekpen.

I assume you restarted MC. Have you tried a different skin? I don't see how a skin would affect a plugin but you never know.
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 07:42:40 am »

Did you uninstall before installing. Sometimes MC doesn't quit but stay active in the background causing the (un)install to not delete all the files.

- Close MC
- Make sure that its closed using the Task Manager
- Uninstall AutoEQ
- Install AutoEQ

and try again.

Regards
Paul

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 07:43:12 am »

Forgot to mention. You need the .Net Framework 4 to make this work!

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 07:54:44 am »

Hi Scolex,

Just uploaded a newer version which has a DSP button in the Equalizer part. It opens the DSP Studio.

And take a look in the 'About' ;-)

Regards
Paul

Ekpen

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 08:01:17 am »

Thanks. I will uninstall, and re install.
I will also go for Netframe 4, if I do not have it already on this acer.  I played  BJ 4 (Bob James 4, i have to manually click on it under the services & plug inh to even load.
I will do as yo usuggested.
The good thing is that I have  Pioneer Elite Susano receivr looking at me, with EQ features. When I finally get my server together, It will blend with my Susano receiver.
It is early A.M, now, still sleepy. I need to drink my tea first, before anything, <grin>.

Thanks again, scloex and Paul..
Ekpen.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2011, 08:21:50 am »

And take a look in the 'About' ;-)

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

You are too kind, thanks for the mention in the About even though I am am undeserving of the recognition considering all I have done is reap the benefits of your hard work.

Regards,
Sean (Scolex)
Sean

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2011, 04:02:08 pm »

I should probably wait to put them up in the plugins page until you've got a new Setup.exe, right Paul?

Bob,

The plugin now is installed correctly. Can you download them from my blog http://sinnema.ch/?p=56 and put them in the plugins download area?

Regards
Paul

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 11:04:35 am »

Updated on the plugin page now, sorry for the delay...

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up