INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Art ... Just curious  (Read 1213 times)

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Album Art ... Just curious
« on: April 22, 2011, 03:44:24 pm »

I've noticed that if I use quick find cover art that it accepts what ever is in the album directory.  If there is more than 1 jpg it does nothing.  If I use add from file and select a jpg from the album directory it copies it to [artist] - [album] which is great.  But that leaves 2 jpg's in the directory which presents a problem for quick find.

Would it be possible to just rename the jpg with both tools?

Tunetyme 

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Album Art ... Just curious
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 04:14:16 pm »

Creating a new copy is optional. You may have ticked the "do not show this again" option if MC does not ask. (You can reset the behavior in options). The "copy" option works from any directory, not just from the audio file's location. The copied image can also go to the specified cover art location (if that option is set).

It is perfectly fine to also use a different filename (some users prefer this). However, this limits how the "Quick Find" tool can work.

The tool looks first for a match, either [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] or Folder.jpg depending on the set option. If a match is not found it can accept any image file if only one image file exists. Obviously it cannot choose from many if a matching filename is not found.

A quick way to link any image file is to have the expanded Image window open in Action Window > Tag (click the small thumbnail frame on top left to expand it) and drag & drop the image into this window from Windows Explorer.

I usually have lots of image files in the album folders (Back, Disc, Booklet images, etc). In some cases I intentionally use a filename that differs from the set cover art naming rule (for instance: CD1 cover art, CD2 cover art, etc).

I import the additional art files as standard images and tag them with the Artist and Album tags so that I can use them inside MC.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Re: Album Art ... Just curious
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 11:18:12 am »

Alex B:

Thanks that really helps clarify things.  I really like having the jpg's labeled by Artist - Album.  I keep the front folder only.  I really like the get from internet option as I can generally select the file size.  I have a lot that I downloaded from AMG that are much smaller.  At some point I would like to upgrade all my folder art.  That is for another day.  One other observation is with various artists.  I store various artist the same way I store albums artist\album instead of a separate various artist directory.  When I have time I make a copy of the jpg and put it into each folder.  Other times I have downloaded the jpg and selected the pic for the whole CD.  In that case it doesn't seem to put a copy of the jpg in each file folder.  I have no idea where it went as I delete the temp jpg and the folder art is still there.  Any ideas on where I can find those jpg's?

Tunetyme
Pages: [1]   Go Up