INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Needs Help With Import Drives / Folders  (Read 1608 times)

musicmafia

• Recent member
Newbie Needs Help With Import Drives / Folders
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:45:10 pm »

hi everyone, i'm new here. was looking for an alternative to winamp for my large collection of flac files. downlaoded mj today and chose custom installation, hoping it would give me manual options for choosing which files/folders/drives i wanted mj to import. i didnt really see such option and the program began importing files from my c drive, which are not the files i want mj to manage. (i keep a seperate folder of a few thousand converted lossy files on my c drive for purposes of keeping more tunes on my portable device). mj imported @ 10,000 files, picking up my lossy files (all wma) and a lot of backups of those from another drive.

during installation i did select the file associations and deselected everything except flac files so i dont know why it imported all those wma files.

my flac files (@ 35,000) are on a seperate ext raid drive. i went to tools > options > auto-import folders and deselected all of the c drive file paths and created a new path to my raid drive. this began importing my flac files, however i still have all the wma files in my mj library even after closing and restarting mj. i obviously dont want to manually search out thousands of wma files and remove them from the library so i'm hoping someone can talk me through an easier way. i simply want mj to solely read the flac files on my raid drive. thanks in advance for your help :)

musicmafia

• Recent member
Re: Newbie Needs Help With Import Drives / Folders
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 02:38:04 pm »

please help! before i posted, i searched these forums and couldnt find any answers for this. seems like it would be a relatively common issue for people first installing media jukebox. are there any other support options where i could get help with my issue? thanx

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:24:55 pm »

You can "soft" delete anything from the library that you don't want in it.  Search for wma in the upper right corner.  Try a few before you do very many and verify that the file is still left on the disk.

musicmafia

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 06:48:40 pm »

thanx jim...i was able to pull up all the wma and mp3 files in one window and delete them from the library. thanx again for your help :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up