INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Refreshing" the Database on MC16  (Read 1087 times)

Talos

• Recent member
"Refreshing" the Database on MC16
« on: April 23, 2011, 11:02:16 pm »

Not sure if I'm using the right terminology, or if I'm posting this in the right place, or if it has been answered elsewhere (since I don't know the correct terminology to look for).  If so, apologies...

I am using MC 16.0.60 and my query concerns what I call "refreshing" the database.  My music files are on a NAS server and they are accessed via a WiFi link.  I am in the process of ripping my CD collection, so my music files are being added to all the time.  What I call "refreshing" is when MC16 compares the contents of its Database with the contents of the Music Library and updates everything.  What exactly is the correct terminology for this process?...

I have one question, and one observation on this topic.  The observation is that MC16 seems to do this "refreshing" whenever it feels like it, regardless of whether or not this causes a problem.  For example, my WiFi connection is sufficiently robust that I can happily play 24/96 files from my NAS with the WiFi connection idling along at 5-10% of maximum capacity.  However, when MC16 feels it wants to "refresh" its database, this process consumes almost all of the available WiFi bandwidth, and so the music streaming cuts in and out.  While this is happening it is very hard to listen to music, yet I cannot find any way to either interrupt the process, or tell MC16 not to do it while I'm playing music.  Any comments on this?...

The question is the obvious one.  How can I manually initiate the process of "refreshing" the database?  It is probably blindingly obvious, and I am looking at the correct action but not recognizing the terminology...  This is what happens when good old-fashioned "turntables and discs" audiophiles start to get involved with computer audio!

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
Re: "Refreshing" the Database on MC16
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 04:55:07 am »

Tools  -->   Options  -->  Library & Folders
Uncheck Run auto-import in background

Import manually
Tools  -->  Import  --> Run auto-import now
Electricians do it 'til it Hz
Pages: [1]   Go Up