INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.105 -- Available Here  (Read 5835 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.105 -- Available Here
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:21:14 am »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160105.exe

16.0.105 (6/6/2011)

1. Changed: Subtitles named "(auto)" that match the audio language will be enabled by default (instead of selecting no subtitles).
2. Changed: Added the Microsoft MPEG audio and video decoders to the Red October white list.
3. Fixed: If a video failed to import (because it was corrupt, etc.), it could cause other files of that type to not import until the program was restarted.
4. Changed: When a video fails to fully parse, it's less likely to end up being imported as 'Data' instead of 'Video'.
5. Fixed: Doing fast seeks on time-shifted television could cause the seeks to queue up instead of pooling, so that video would continue seeking too long after stopping pressing buttons on the remote.
6. Changed: Mouse wheel over video seeks instead of zooms (use Ctrl+Wheel to zoom).
7. Changed: LAV source/splitter is now configured in Red October mode.

16.0.104 (6/6/2011)

1. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.62.
2. Fixed: MC crashed when right-clicking on a playing video and selecting ffdshow configuration. It's back to disabled in Red October mode.
3. Fixed: madVR would fail to create a 3d device when starting time-shifted television from Theater View.
4. Fixed: In Theater View, Netflix genre views were incorrectly using details list style instead of thumbnails.
5. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks to Junghwnan).

16.0.103 (6/3/2011)

1. Changed: Improved how VideoClock works with signal breakups on over-the-air broadcasts.
2. Fixed: DSP Studio > Room Correction was using the incorrect channel order for the rear and surrounds with 8-channel output.
3. NEW: Parametric Equalizer can be used to add a configurable delay to any channels.
4. Changed (again): Red October will not use the Microsoft MPEG decoder with madVR because then no deinterlacing is performed for 1080i, etc. signals.
5. Fixed: The 'My TV'. 'My Music', etc. buttons on an MCE remote were not working (note that renaming or moving the stock Theater View layout can break these buttons).
6. NEW: When using the JRiver audio engine for video playback, a fade-in is used after a seek (audibly more pleasant, and makes skipping commercials in television mostly silent).
7. NEW:madVR video renderer is now part of the standard filter pack and is automatically installed when needed. It is used in Red October HQ mode.

16.0.102 (6/2/2011)

1. Fixed: Subtitles would not work correctly with Red October when manually selecting 'ffdshow raw video filter'.
2. Changed: Added support for the DirectVobSub post-processor filter with Red October.
3. Fixed: Theater View backdrops from TheTVDB.com would not work properly for series with multiple database records where only one record was complete (like the Danish show Anstalten).
4. Fixed: When using the LAV source / splitter, subtitles could incorrectly be on by default instead of honoring the settings in Options > Video.
5. Changed: Added Red October support for .tivo file playback using the Tivo source filter.
6. Changed: Renamed the JRiver bitrate monitor filters to "JRiver Audio Monitor" and "JRiver Video Monitor".
7. Changed: Theater View watch marks only appear for Netflix videos.
8. Fixed: When using VideoClock, lip sync could take longer than necessary to achieve after a seek when doing PAL slowdown (especially if a large buffer size was used in the audio output plugin).
9. NEW: Added the ability to move, copy, add, and swap channels to DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer (use 'Mix channels' filter).
10. Changed: Red October settings are applied to time-shifting on digital television.
11. Changed: Parametric equalizer hides unneeded controls for a particular filter type instead of showing all controls and disabling some.

16.0.101 (6/1/2011)

1. Fixed: Line 21 subtitles would be on by default instead of off by default with Red October (and the state reported by the menu or on screen display would be incorrect at first).
2. Changed: Red October uses a less demanding deinterlacing method by default, which works better with laptops and older computers.
3. NEW: Added 'Red October HQ' option that will use the highest quality settings available, but will only work nicely on a fast computer.
4. Fixed: DVD playback was not working on many Windows XP computers.
5. NEW: Red October HQ methods will default to madVR if it is installed on the system (except for DVD, since madVR doesn't currently support DVD nicely).
6. Changed: Red October will use the Microsoft MPEG decoder with madVR now that current versions of madVR support the Microsoft decoder's output format.
7. Fixed: JRSS downmixing was not working properly when resampling.
8. Fixed: Using merit based filter selection was not working properly.
9. Changed: Video renderer selection is automatic when using Red October, and the option is hidden when appropriate.
10. Changed: Video options does not show per-file type filter selection with Red October on.
11. Changed: Theater View watched marks were not working reliably for non-Netflix files.
12. Changed: Theater View watch marks are only shown for videos longer than 20 minutes.
13. Changed: Red October will use 'ffdshow raw video filter' as a post-processor if it's manually selected.
14. Changed: Revised the wording on DSP Studio > Output Format > Channels to make it more clear that channel downmixing requires JRSS.

16.0.100 (5/31/2011)

1. Fixed: Quickly switching videos could lead to a crash.
2. Changed: When restoring an old library that does not contain settings, the program will succeed on the library restore (but of course not restore settings) instead of report a failure that required a user to uncheck the option to restore settings.
3. Faster: Editing a field of the type 'Large Value' (like lyrics) for a large number of files is much faster.
4. Fixed: Editing a huge number of files where all tagging would fail (due to a disconnected drive, etc.) could cause a memory leak.
5. Changed: Editing a large number of files uses less memory.
6. Fixed: Red October video playback would crash on some mpeg files, especially on Windows XP when ffdshow was configured to decode mpeg with libmpeg2 (now using libavcodec).
7. Changed: Updated to latest LAV splitter (.28) which better handles MTS files.
8. NEW: EXIF GPS information for latitude and longitude is read more completely (right-click > Update Library from Tags to fill existing files).
9. NEW: Added right-click image option "Locate on Google Maps" (only appears for images that contain GPS information in the Latitude and Longitude fields).
10. Changed:  When possible, video stream selection is made before DirectShow graph is built.
11. Changed: When viewing a playlist of images and videos, the word 'Stop' will no longer appear on the on screen display when transitioning from one to the other.
12. Fixed: VC-1 files (e.g. Blu-Ray MKV's) wouldn't play on many WinXP systems.
13. Changed: Use ffdshow for mpeg-1 decoding rather than using Microsoft. Seems to be higher quality.
14. Changed: When a video starts, the background only shows 'Opening...', etc. if the video takes longer than a second to start playing, making for a smoother visual transition between videos.
15. Changed: DirectShow graph building mode option added to Options/Video page replacing the two Red October checkboxes with a single three state drop box.
16. Fixed: Smartlists could fail to show choices that were logical when the smartlist contained OR conditions or list-type fields.
17. Changed: Red October will attempt to use Power DVD video decoders 9, 10, or 11 if installed on Windows XP where there is no system DVD video decoder.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 16.0.105 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:27:41 am »

jmone reports subtitles working with Red October:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64450.msg432065#msg432065

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 01:14:26 pm »

Possible MC issue - I can't see rating tag field in my mp3 files, only in MC. "Update tags.." option checked, in mp3 plugin too. And after manual file tag update action. With flac all fine. Presence of rating field checked with latest mp3tag.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 02:01:15 pm »

jmone reports subtitles working with Red October:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64450.msg432065#msg432065

For me, there is no change from .104 to .105 using RO HD with additionals. Subs are not working. I tried jmone's settings and other, and they still disappear after a short time and (almost) always after pause/skip.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 02:02:26 pm »

For me, there is no change from .104 to .105 using RO HD with additionals. Subs are not working. I tried jmone's settings and other, and they still disappear after a short time and (almost) always after pause/skip.
Straight Red October?  XP?

Trumpetguy

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 02:20:29 pm »

Straight Red October?  XP?

Red October HQ with additional filters. Win7Pro. Everything worked just fine with embedded vobsubs in mkvs prior to Red October.

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'madVR'
        CLSID: {E1A8B82A-32CE-4B0D-BE0D-AA68C772E423}
        Host: C:\Users\Olav\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\madvr\madvr.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}
        Host: C:\Users\Olav\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'madVR'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'In Text'
            Connected to pin 'Subtitle' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}
        Input Pin 'In Text 2'

Filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}
        Host: C:\Users\Olav\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {1541C5C0-CDDF-477D-BC0A-86F8AE7F8354}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'

Filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {1541C5C0-CDDF-477D-BC0A-86F8AE7F8354}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'

Filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
        CLSID: {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}
        Host: C:\Users\Olav\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\lav\LAVSplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'
            Connected to pin 'In Text' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 05:03:06 am »

still crashes after stopping a movie in Theater view  :'(

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 01:10:41 pm »

i can`t install version 16.0.103 and 16.0.105
the  error message is
The installation wizard can install a portable version only if you have a license.
but The License is installed.

version 16.0.101 is installed and ok

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 01:20:32 pm »

still crashes after stopping a movie in Theater view  :'(

Is this Red October HQ or Standard?  If you look at the crash dialog, what module is listed as the faulting module?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 02:00:40 pm »

Just upgraded to 105.

My MCE remote buttons "My TV', "My Music" etc, still don't work and never have with MC16.  (They work fine with Windows Media Center of course.)

Pressing the blue "My Music" button does manage to mute audio on MC16 though...

I have not renamed or moved the stock theater view layout.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 02:32:55 pm »

Just upgraded to 105.

My MCE remote buttons "My TV', "My Music" etc, still don't work and never have with MC16.  (They work fine with Windows Media Center of course.)

I have not renamed or moved the stock theater view layout.
Try a reboot.  The buttons work for me (just tested) on Win7.

Is it our MC Remote?

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 03:16:15 am »

It's done that for me for a long time, including in MC15. I worked around it by adding an extra mute command when the button is pressed.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 05:34:34 am »

Is this Red October HQ or Standard?  If you look at the crash dialog, what module is listed as the faulting module?

Thanks.

It's HQ. What happens is the following:

I'm watching a movie in theaterview on my HDMI TV. I stop/pause the movie. I quit theatermode. As soon as the standard view comes up it says under the movietitle: Locating .......

This goes on for a while and when you click on the window it conks out. All i get is the standard windows Warning message were i can choose to close, look for solution or debug.

Clicking on close doesn't close the program. I have to use taskmanager to forcibly terminate.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 02:45:11 pm »

.105 crashes after some time playback of Expendables in MKV container. This is a new thing, and I did not experience this the first time I used .105, so it is quite strange. Something about application requested to abort in an unusual manner crashing the C++ runtime library.

And subs are subs stops showing after some time and almost everytime I skip (I may have mentioned it in a handful of other posts  ;) ).

Also, running with Red October HQ with additional filters, additional filters are overridden by RO. If I want to run with the latest madVR (which currently is 0.65) and adds that to Video Renderer, RO seems to choose the auto-configured madVR version (which currently is 0.62, right?). It would be useful if the user could override RO, not vice versa. Especially since merit based playback runs with EVR, even if I specify madVR.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 03:31:41 pm »

If you're having crashes with Red October HQ, please test with Red October Standard, and let us know if the crashes persist.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Trumpetguy

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 02:19:58 am »

If you're having crashes with Red October HQ, please test with Red October Standard, and let us know if the crashes persist.

Thanks.

Difficult thing to reproduce, as I can playback the same file without crashing also. My best guess right now is that it is linked to my computer screen going into power-save mode (I left the movie running to see if subs were there when I returned).

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 03:22:59 am »

Difficult thing to reproduce, as I can playback the same file without crashing also. 

Indeed. If i play a movie just for a short time it's ok.  I'm thinking memory overwrite/leak.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 12:48:00 pm »

Weirdest thing happened. Never seen before. At computer cold start JRiver came up with a box that it had imported 8497 files. Kind of a shock to me. So it turned out it had imported each and every image, video file it could lay it's hands on. Well at least i know now how many of those i have. ;D

I did a restore and now i have my 10 vid's back.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 01:32:13 pm »

The auto-import settings are library specific and probably they were reset to the defaults for some reason. I wonder if a crash could have corrupted some essential library files. (Though, normally the library survives from a crash just fine.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 04:33:43 pm »

I finally managed to get a crashreport

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Media Center 16.exe
  Application Version:   16.0.105.0
  Application Timestamp:   4ded48c1
  Fault Module Name:   madvr.ax_unloaded
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0