INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio hiccups with artist slideshow  (Read 1139 times)

Sheugel

• World Citizen
Audio hiccups with artist slideshow
« on: April 24, 2011, 03:30:17 pm »

Hello,
I face hiccups, slowdowns when playing back some files and displaying artist slideshow under Theater View (Playing Now menu).
I run a dedicated audio computer in my living room being a modest Asus EeeBox B202 (Windows XP SP3- Atom N270 1.6Ghz single core - 2GB Ram - Intel GMA950) hidden behind a LCD monitor.
MC (16.0.72) is configured as low-profile as possible (budget graphics hardware - 5fps (!) - 3 seconds audio buffering). When the hiccups occur, the system doesn't seem to be overloaded (task manager indicates so). It looks like it happens when loading the images (from Last.fm).
Is it possible?
Here's a log file: https://rapidshare.com/files/459006785/Log.txt
Thanks already for help.
Sheugel

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio hiccups with artist slideshow
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 05:07:24 am »

With that computer spec I don't think it's that strange that you don't get a good theater view experience. TV is very GPU dependent, and this computer is in the low range of what is possible to use I think. Have you tried to lower the quality of graphics? Decreasing the frame rate etc (perhaps that is the FPS you talk about)?

Other than that, I do not disagree that audio should have a priority. I've never experienced such problems my self though.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Sheugel

• World Citizen
Re: Audio hiccups with artist slideshow
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:58:58 pm »

Thanks for your reply.
After consideration, I decided to upgrade my hardware to a - still small-form-factor - Dell Zino HD 410. I should be more comfortable with it and enjoy Theater View fully.
I spent too much time on MC and could'nt get rid of it, especially its great looks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up