INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resetting the order in Playing Now, in Theater View  (Read 1682 times)

Jonahsdad

• Recent member
Resetting the order in Playing Now, in Theater View
« on: April 27, 2011, 12:12:05 pm »

So I'm in theater view, and I decide to listen to Beethoven's 9th, and the list pops up Movement 3, Movement 1, movement 2, Movement 4.  How do I reorder the play without exiting Theater View, sorting the list, and reentering Theater view?

Within Theater view you can shuffle, but you can't unshuffle.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Resetting the order in Playing Now, in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 05:22:10 pm »

If you use "Shuffle Automatic" mode when you select an album and use "play all" or "add all" they will be added to the playing now in a non-shuffled manner while the rest of the list remains random.
Sean

Jonahsdad

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:27:06 pm »

Thanks for the idea, however I tend not to use shuffle, I usually pick an album and play it.  Sometimes it adds to Playing Now in an order other than track order.  I need to be able to reorder to track order easily. 

Perhaps this is a feature request:  Where it offers the option to Shuffle, or Reshuffle, there should also be "Unshuffle."

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 06:45:20 pm »

That is really odd I have never seen such behavior. If shuffle is turned off the track should be in order.
Does the track number in MC and Explorer match? That is the only thing I can think of that may cause such behavior.
Sean

Jonahsdad

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:01:08 pm »

You've sent me investigating.  Yes, track file names all begin with numbers, e.g. "01 - Happy Birthday.flac"

It happens when choosing an album in Theater View, from the Recent Albums view, but not from other views, and if you choose an album from Recent Albums in Standard View then switch to Theater, the Playing Now order is fine. 

Running up to date MC16 on Windows XP.  Any more suggestions?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 11:25:19 pm »

I have tried to replicate what you describe and I can not, I even altered the explorer properties of some files and then launched them from recent albums after doing an update library from tags for that particular album. I think you are suffering from one of those bizarre isolated unexplainable bugs MC occasionally has.
I have had a few strange behaviors that were fixed by creating a new AppData/Application Data folder for MC depending on OS version.
If you want to see if it works what I suggest is:
create a library backup
shut down MC
go to the data folder in your case I believe it is C:\Users\*username*\Application Data\J River\ and add ".bak" to the media center xx folder
restart MC, import your media and see if the behavior is still present.
if behavior is still present import library/setting backup, if no longer present import library or settings one at a time and check each to see if one of them causes the behavior.

I think in my circumstance there has been some type of corruption in one of the cache files when this routine has solved something unusual.

If I hadn't sold my XP laptop a few weeks ago I would try and replicate on XP, I knew I should have kept it around for play. For whatever reason I am
always intrigued by strange behavior like this.

Wish I could be more help but these little cyber ghosts can be tricky little buggers.
Sean

Jonahsdad

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 06:34:55 pm »

It does seem like a corrupt cache kind of problem.  After fooling with caches for a while, and not wanting to mess with reimporting lots of music with custom library fields and such, I came up with a solution, although I don't think I solved the problem.

In theater view options, I was able to insert a rule for file display saying sort by filename.  Theoretically you shouldn't need such a rule, but pragmatism wins out I guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up