INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can we customize which fields get shown for a TV show?  (Read 1446 times)

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck

How can we customize which fields get shown for a TV show? I'd like to see the Actors in the details, for example, but it seems like the only thing being shown is the Description and the Date.

Also, how to customize the thumbnail list on the left? I see the Name and Date being shown there, but I'd prefer to see "# - Name", where # is the episode number.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
How can we customize which fields get shown for a TV show?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:25:32 pm »

All fields for all file types are fully configurable using Customize file info panel...

The format of the list is set at Advanced>File caption. An expression can be used to show different file types in different formats.

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 12:04:07 pm »

All fields for all file types are fully configurable using Customize file info panel...

The format of the list is set at Advanced>File caption. An expression can be used to show different file types in different formats.

Thanks for the help!

So, I can see how to configure everything on the right, with the options in Customize file info panel...

How do you configure things on the left, though? Right now I cycled through list styles until I got a grid of thumbnails on the left. I want to configure the text being shown under each thumbnail on that grid. Advanced>File caption seems to have no effect there, and neither do any of the options I've tried in Customize file info panel.... Any thoughts?

rick.ca

Re: How can we customize which fields get shown for a TV show?
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 02:19:25 pm »

Advanced>File caption seems to have no effect there, and neither do any of the options I've tried in Customize file info panel.... Any thoughts?

Advanced>File caption determines the caption/list text—regardless of which list style is being used.

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 05:01:19 pm »

Advanced>File caption determines the caption/list text—regardless of which list style is being used.

Hmm, that can't be right. I still see:

ShowName: EpisodeName  FullLengthDate

but I just have [Name] configured in Advanced -> File caption...

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 07:56:14 pm »

OIC. You must be using build 81, and I hadn't notice this has changed. At first glance, it seems that if Media Sub Type is set to TV Show, the captions will be formatted in the way you describe. I don't see any way to change it. I'm not sure if other types are affected—movies are not.

Annoying, isn't it? ::)

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 10:17:43 pm »

Hmm, that can't be right. I still see:

ShowName: EpisodeName  FullLengthDate

but I just have [Name] configured in Advanced -> File caption...
Ditto. It makes the view a bit cluttered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up