INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video presentation switcher/scaler??  (Read 1207 times)

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
video presentation switcher/scaler??
« on: April 27, 2011, 03:02:30 pm »

Ok, I've got to build a one-off mobile setup for live presentations from multiple video feeds.

does NOT have to switch audio, don't care one way or the other.

min 4 x inputs, able to take just about anything from ntsc/vga up to 1080p.  Connectors from bnc/composite to dvi-i and hdmi

very important:  a 'monitor out' output that will feed the 4x inputs into a 2x2 matrix for display on a single monitor.  The quality of this display doesn't have to be too good as it's for behind the scenes monitoring only.  we know that we can do this with a pile of cables, having it internal to the switcher makes things a helluva lot easier to manage.

a reasonably good scaling capability so that the switched output is somewhat stable.

output to vga/dvi, scaling on the output device from xvga to 1080p.

the switching 'effects' don't have to be too fancy, a few wipe or fade effects would be more than enough.

I've looked at product from Intelix, Kramer, and Extron without finding too much.

?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: video presentation switcher/scaler??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:04:42 pm »

Analog Way has some very nice switchers, matrix boxes, and event controllers.  I've never personally used one, but at an event I helped with out in California, the guys from the AV company we contracted recommended them very highly.  They used one for the event, and it worked great (though, again, I didn't set it up or run it myself, I was there for videography, not AV support).

I don't think they're very cheap, though.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up