INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leadtek DTV 1000 S - Channel Scanning Doesn't Work Properly  (Read 2448 times)

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
Leadtek DTV 1000 S - Channel Scanning Doesn't Work Properly
« on: April 28, 2011, 01:27:01 pm »

I bought this tuner some time ago and have been unable to make it work. After scanning for channels, the channels were found but would not play and would give the time out while waiting to start message. I posted on this in another thread dealing with these sorts of problems and never got any real resolution.

I am located in Australia and use DVB-T.

I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the issue. The scan finds the channels and then, for some reason, records the broadcast frequency incorrectly. Manually entering the correct frequency gives working TV channels. But unfortunately I have to add new channels, rather than add edit the ones already there.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Leadtek DTV 1000 S - Channel Scanning Doesn't Work Properly
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:44:11 am »

Can you tell if the frequency found by MC match one of the frequencies in the file "DVB Frequencies.xml"?

We have seen a situation whereby MC could not read any real frequencies from the tuner and thus ended up using the frequencies in the table.  Can you give me a couple of examples of frequencies that work, the corresponding frequencies found by MC but do not work?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:18 pm »

For me, the problem is solved. I posted because I thought the info might be useful to you in getting smoother results from TV tuners.

I checked "DVB Frequencies.xml" and found it had the correct frequencies as well as the incorrect frequencies listed. At least, I'm guessing the incorrect frequencies were there as there were frequencies within the correct range.

I have deleted all incorrect entries, so can't give any direct corresponences between channels. That would require a lengthy channel scan to get the incorrect frequencies back. That said, if that info would be especially helpful, I could find time to do it.

Typically the incorrect frequencies were something like 216500, whereas the correct frequency would be something like 529500.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 02:04:18 pm »

Typically the incorrect frequencies were something like 216500, whereas the correct frequency would be something like 529500.

I can not explain this large difference, except maybe the tuner driver is buggy.  We use the frequencies in the frequency table one-by-one to scan for channels.  When a channel is locked, we ask the system what frequency it is tuned to.  For some devices that query would fail, and we would just use the frequency we started out with (that from the table).  If the query does not fail, we assume the answer we get is correct.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up