INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backups - thank you!  (Read 1008 times)

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
Backups - thank you!
« on: May 03, 2011, 10:37:58 am »

Just wanted to thank the team for not only making backing up and restoring your library a piece of cake, but also taking the time to make sure that application settings are backed up too.

Having had to reinstall Windows today, I was very happy to find out that I didn't have to mess around with all of the settings as I expected :)

Thanks, guys!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Backups - thank you!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 11:09:11 am »

While we're at it, thanks for implementing a simple and AUTOMATIC backup system that requires no user interaction to work.  The backup system literally saved my butt just this weekend.  I had a flaky NIC driver that was causing my main server to bluescreen occasionally when coupled with uTorrent (just discovered that cause last night), and over the weekend it took the system down.  When I rebooted it, I was horrified to see that the crash had corrupted my MC library beyond all recognition.

But, there was a perfectly good, working backup from earlier that day sitting there waiting for me to use it.  I didn't have to "schedule" anything, or plan for it, or anything.  It Just Worked.  The problem was solved in minutes.

Good work.  All applications should be as good at backups.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:45:08 am »

While we're at it, thanks for implementing a simple and AUTOMATIC backup system that requires no user interaction to work. 

Here here!

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 08:11:26 pm »

I agree.  The backups, both scheduled and manual, are easy and reliable!
Pages: [1]   Go Up