INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't find any channels with WinTV Nova - UK DVB-T  (Read 5350 times)

tjobbins

• World Citizen
Can't find any channels with WinTV Nova - UK DVB-T
« on: May 05, 2011, 05:09:13 am »

I posted this at the end of another thread but have had no response, so making a new thread:

I'm having a problem tuning channels in the UK, using a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-TD stick (dual tuner.)  I am using MC 15 in Win7 Home Premium 64bit.

I have the WinTV drivers installed, and the TV stick works fine in WinTV and Windows Media Center - in both of those programs, channel scan worked, and all channels work and have TV guide info.

In MC, the two tuners show up under TV Options, I've configured both to be DVB-T, and then I've tried a channel scan in DVB-T mode.  No channels show up.  I tried both the normal scan and the "thorough" scan.  It says scanning for channels, but no channels ever show up, and also it seems like the progress bar doesn't move - at least I assume the wide grey bar below the "Scanning for channels.." message is meant to be a progress bar?   However it does finish scanning after a while, and takes longer to finish in thorough mode versus normal, so it must be doing something.

The DVB Frequencies.XML file contain 48 frequencies for the United Kingdom, and this is the same number (48) that WinTV scans successfully when I tell it to scan All UK Regions.  So unless most of the MC frequencies are wrong, I don't see why it can't find any TV channels.

I'm expecting to use XMLTV to get the TV Guide, but if I can't even find the channels in the first place I'm not sure if XMLTV is going to help?

I'll keep digging and experimenting, but any help in the meantime would be appreciated.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Can't find any channels with WinTV Nova - UK DVB-T
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:36:31 am »

Turn on logging (Help > Logging...), and try scanning.  Wait for at least 10 minutes.  Then email me the log.

yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tjobbins

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:55:42 pm »

Thanks, I have emailed as requested.

I can see from the log that it does scan all 48 frequencies, it just doesn't find any channels.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:42:21 am »

Thanks for sending the log.

Your log shows that the tuner did not lock to the frequencies that we try to tune to.

We submit a frequency and a bandwidth to the tuner, and wait for the tuner to lock.  If we do not get the lock, we also try modify the frequency a bit below, and a bit above.  None worked.

Can you tell whether the frequencies we use in the frequency table are accurate for UK?  They can be found in the file "[MC installation folder]\TV\DVB Frequencies.xml".

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up