INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting albums in correct order  (Read 3283 times)

barondla

• Recent member
Getting albums in correct order
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:52:24 pm »

First post here. A computer novice. Understand how to use parts of jukebox. It plays fine on my HP VIsta quadcore desktop thru a HRT MusicStreamer + usb dac.

Problem I have is getting an album into the play list (or now playing) in the correct sequence. The track sequences are usually out of order. The track numbers are correctly displayed, but I can't get them in the proper order. How do I change the track order to match the original album?
thanks
barondla

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Getting albums in correct order
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:51:17 pm »

Do you have a Track # column?

If so, is the track order correct in the view you are using?  If the order is not correct, click on the Track # column to sort by Track #.  Then, add to playlist.

You can save views as you please.  Sorting is part of the view.  Customize the view if it is not to your liking.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

barondla

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 12:24:32 am »

Have track columns and now the track numbers match those of original album. Thanks for the help.   Now I have two new problems. First, the tracks are in reverse order. Example:  plays from track 12 to 1 (plays album from end to beginning). Second, artists aren't in alphabetical order. They will be in order then something like Waters-Wilco-Wide Spread Panic crops up. I put the tracks/albums into the playlist correctly- they just don't stay that way. How do I fix these glitches? Thanks.                                           

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 12:36:31 am »

Click the track column again to swap ascending/descending sort.

You would generally set the sort order to be Artist, Album, and within album track number.  This is all available within the view customization.

Your Playing Now view is just a playlist.  A playlist is typically sorted by the Seq # (sequence number, assigned to each track as tracks are added to the playlist).  You can sort the playlist however you want.  If you want to retain this sort order, use Player->Playing Now->Update Order to reassign the Seq #.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up