INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art not delivered by media server  (Read 1275 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover art not delivered by media server
« on: May 09, 2011, 11:57:34 am »

I recently swapped the purposes of 2 computers ... i.e, one had been used as the MC15 media server and the other a MC15 media client, and the swap entailed simply moving the external USB drive that had been the library from one computer to the other.  Having done so, the client is no longer receiving the cover art ... absolutely nothing, and I cannot find a switch that would enable/disable the delivery of cover art?

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

shAf

Re: Cover art not delivered by media server
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:23:31 pm »

... I cannot find a switch that would enable/disable the delivery of cover art?
... anyone?   ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:43:18 pm »

Does the new server show cover art when you browse and/or play the files on the server itself?

Where are the actual cover art images - inside the file tags, on the USB drive in the media files' folders, on the USB drive in a separate dedicated folder, or perhaps still somewhere on the "previous server" ?

On the new server, did you import the media files to a new library or did you restore a library backup file from the old server?

Finally, what file formats do you have and what do have set in Options > File Location > Cover Art... on the server?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

shAf

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 04:52:00 am »

Does the new server show cover art when you browse and/or play the files on the server itself?

Thank you your reply!

Yes ... the server shows cover art for all files for which there is cover art (most) ...

Where are the actual cover art images - inside the file tags, on the USB drive in the media files' folders, on the USB drive in a separate dedicated folder, or perhaps still somewhere on the "previous server" ?

I'm not quite sure ... my guess is that it may be a mixture of both ... i.e., I know that both exist ...

On the new server, did you import the media files to a new library or did you restore a library backup file from the old server?

I simply had the server's installation import the files from the drive, and the covert art came with ...

Finally, what file formats do you have and what do have set in Options > File Location > Cover Art... on the server?

An approximate 50/50 mix of MP3 and OGG ... and cover art shows for both ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up