INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library server auto refresh  (Read 1511 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Library server auto refresh
« on: May 09, 2011, 05:28:22 pm »

Is there any means by which a client on MC library server can pull updates from the server?  Say auto import adds a few new songs, will clients get these new songs? Or if someone adds something to a playlist?  Or changes the playlist column headers?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: Library server auto refresh
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 08:01:49 pm »

I add images to a network drive from a client that are auto-imported via the server.  The client does get updated automatically but it takes a little while.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:13:54 pm »

Ive asked this before in 15 as well.

Is there a timer? does it update instantly? my tests were very inconsistent, sometimes they would change instantly, sometimes it would take hours before i would see the changes. i was told no.. has this changed in 16? If so, great revision!

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:25:11 am »

As long as the server is able to push updates to clients, no problem!  I'm going to switch to using library server exclusively.

The next chore is being able to stream DVD Rips over library server.  Is this even possible?  Auto re-conversion would be spectacular.  Menus and all!  Any ways of doing this?

Request: on a library server client, when you locate a file on disk, please locate the local copy if it exists.  Locate is not possible if you don't have local copies (obviously) but when they are available, locating them would be very helpful!

olinbg

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 11:36:24 am »

Request: on a library server client, when you locate a file on disk, please locate the local copy if it exists.  Locate is not possible if you don't have local copies (obviously) but when they are available, locating them would be very helpful!

I've requested this in the past, and I believe there were some technical limitations regarding "Locate" - not sure if those could be addressed or not.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 11:41:48 am »

I figured out a workaround for this.  Add an item to "Send to (external)".  Use "explorer.exe" for the Program Path and use this for the Parameters:  //select,[Filename (path)][Filename (name)]

It is not ideal because you have to go to the "Send to" menu but it works pretty well to view the file in Windows Explorer.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up