Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eBooks  (Read 1411 times)

G. Shumway

• Recent member
eBooks
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:27:19 pm »

A have many, many eBooks in various formats (pdf, epub, mobi, txt, rtf, doc, etc.) and could really benefit from MC's organizational capabilities.  Has anyone considered adding eBooks to Media Center as a distinct type of media?  There is the Documents type, but it has limited file types.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: eBooks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:58:50 pm »

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:49:21 pm »

I'm a huge fan of MC, but for my large ebook collection I have found Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/) to be a better solution, with many ebook-specific tools in addition to its library capabilities.

A have many, many eBooks in various formats (pdf, epub, mobi, txt, rtf, doc, etc.) and could really benefit from MC's organizational capabilities.  Has anyone considered adding eBooks to Media Center as a distinct type of media?  There is the Documents type, but it has limited file types.

olinbg

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 03:25:05 pm »

I'm a huge fan of MC, but for my large ebook collection I have found Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/) to be a better solution, with many ebook-specific tools in addition to its library capabilities.

I'm also using Calibre because it supports the Kindle natively.  Good tool (though the interface is busy).

G. Shumway

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 02:38:44 pm »

Thanks for the tips--I will try them out.

I also use Calibre, but hate it's organizational interface.  Media Center has it all over that program when it comes to organization.  I do appreciate Calibre's Kindle support, though it is kind of ridiculous that it makes copies of your files when you import them into its library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up