INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q on smartlists  (Read 1501 times)

vaterp

• Recent member
Q on smartlists
« on: May 13, 2011, 03:24:21 pm »

Is there a way to get boolean operators in a smartlist definition?  As near as I can tell every rule you add is "AND"'d.... can one define an OR rule?  thx.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

vaterp

• Recent member
Re: Q on smartlists
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:59:19 pm »

Thanks that looks like what i need -- but i'm not quite sure how I apply that in a smartlist box?  There are alot of "preprogrammed" types to seelect... how do i get a free form textbox to build my own fancy rule?

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:06:05 pm »

I think i figured it out --- you select custom and can then enter any text you like....  correct?

also is it safe to assume anything you use thats not a custom query is just ANDd together?

thx!

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:21:51 pm »

You can use Custom.  And you can also click just slightly to the left at the beginning of a row, or slightly to the right of the end of a row of the Rule entries to add parens, brackets, etc.  A tooltip will appear when you hold your mouse over that area.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 02:09:26 am »

The import/export button also offers more space for typing in searches directly. I often find this quicker than using the clicky bits in the wizard, especially so as I have assigned shorthand keywords to my most used fields. (check out the field manager to assign your own keywords. The only drawback with these is that only the search engine uses them, the expression engine does not.)

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:47:16 pm »

Thanks guys - I never noticed you could click for and/or in the left/right.... not very obvious, but definitely what i was looking for.  Thx!
Pages: [1]   Go Up