INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing MOV and AVI Files in Library  (Read 1908 times)

cdrmaker

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Missing MOV and AVI Files in Library
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:21:10 pm »

I can't figure out why MOV and AVI Files wont show in my library. I imported these files into MC16 and they show in the recently imported playlist, but dont show in my video library, only MPG file are showing in that field. The files will play in mc16 from the recently imported playlist. I tried taggig the files with a genre as the mp3 files are tagged, but the still don't show up.
HELP!! please!! ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Missing MOV and AVI Files in Library
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:33:56 pm »

Search under Audio to see if you can find them there. 

cdrmaker

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »

no there not under audio either, i tried using the search feature to search by file name and no results were found in audio, video or images. but they are in the recently imported playlist.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 11:08:42 pm »

From the playlist, select one of the files, right click, Locate->On disk (inside Media Center).  Does it find it?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

cdrmaker

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:37:19 pm »

yes it finds them, and if i check the box "show only files in library" it still shows those MOV files. Under the video dropdown , when i clic on the File Type/Genre/Name"pane, Only the MPG videos in my library Show and that is the only file type listed. I Also checked the "file Type" tree option for Images And Audio and no Mov Or AVI files are listed anywhere. I imported this library from MC13. Checking the backups of mc13, i found that my backup of 2/28/2011 has MPG, MOV, and AVI files in video library. However, My backup of 4/21/2011 doesent have those files and that is the backup i used when installing MC16. I made a ne3w test library in mc 16 and imported the new Mov files and they did show in the library. i don't have a clue when the files dissapeared from mc13 or why. There are 8357 MPG video files in m library (Without the MOV or Avi Files).

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 08:52:17 am »

The files could be under "Documents".  If you find them there, changing the "Media Type" field from "Data" to "Video" should fix the problem.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

cdrmaker

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 05:43:59 pm »

"media type"  shows as video.  I rovertyped the media type and file type and I added tags to see if videos would show up in genra catagoried with no luck. as before files show in recently imported playlist but not under the video catagory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up