INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sound recorder?  (Read 15476 times)

artem

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
sound recorder?
« on: May 16, 2011, 12:11:45 am »

There appears to be no sound recorder in the latest version of Media Jukebox - that was one of the more valuable features for me, which is why I had paid for the full version. Is there no more sound recorder, or was something wrong with the download?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: sound recorder?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:19:58 am »

Apparently Sound Recorder is not available in Media Jukebox 14. It is now only a Media Center feature.

If you by "full version" mean Media Jukebox 8, most users upgraded to Media Center 9 about eight years ago. During the development cycle Media Center 9 was first named Media Jukebox 9, but before the release JRiver changed the name to Media Center 9. Media Jukebox 8 was still offered as an entry level program without any changes for several years, but it is now discontinued. However, you can still upgrade from Media Jukebox 8 to the latest Media Center version by paying only the upgrade price. The current Media Center version is 16.

Media Jukebox 12 (discontinued) and Media Jukebox 14 are separate development branches. These two versions do (did) not have any "full versions" available for purchase. They are free audio only programs that contain a subset of the audio features that are available in Media Center 12 (MJ12) or Media Center 14 (MJ14). Only the MP3 encoding feature is not free (it is patented technology and the software vendors must pay royalties).

A Media Center license includes also MP3 encoding. JRiver used to offer an upgrade path also from the purchased MJ12/MJ14 MP3 encoding license to the full MC license. To JRiver: Is this still available?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:44:33 am »

A Media Center license includes also MP3 encoding. JRiver used to offer an upgrade path also from the purchased MJ12/MJ14 MP3 encoding license to the full MC license. To JRiver: Is this still available?
No.  It isn't.

artem

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 12:36:31 am »

Thank you, yes - I have the Media Jukebox 14 version, which I foolishly upgraded to, getting rid of the "record sound" in the Advanced Tools menu. I was pretty happy with the old version - it did all I needed. I just downloaded the trial version of Media Center 16, it has the feature that I need, but how do I upgrade to it without paying the full price? Can you help me with that by any chance?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 02:03:45 am »

Media Jukebox 14 is not upgradeable (it is free), but you mentioned in your old post that you have an Media Jukebox 8 license. If you have had MJ8 installed and registered on your current operating system instance you should get the upgrade price automatically.

If MJ8 has never been installed on you current operating system you must install it and restore your MJ8 license. MJ8 is old and it may cause problems with newer installed program versions. You may need to reinstall MC16 after installing MJ8 and restoring the license. Alternatively you can use some other PC for the upgrade process.

MJ8 is available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=10029.msg59949#msg59949
The license restore instructions are available here: http://www.jriver.com/purchase.html

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up