INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC don't play properly the audio/video files  (Read 1737 times)

natureimpulse

• Recent member
MC don't play properly the audio/video files
« on: May 16, 2011, 05:43:23 am »

Did anybody have an idea for the following: MC don't play properly the audio/video files when I double click on the file or first I select the file with left click of the mouse and then press 'enter' on the keyboard. The issue is MC don't play the files every time... sometimes I must try to play the file a few times. I don't have similar issue with other player which I have.  ?

Any ideas guys  ::)

natureimpulse

• Recent member
Re: MC don't play properly the audio/video files
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 04:46:02 am »

Common guys... Any ideas  ?

What's using MC when is starting some audio/video file... Some particularly codec or ? Give me some ideas because I want to fix this issue

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:05:51 am »

Could you describe the problem in a little more detail?

If you have particular video files that don't play, you might try installing CCCP.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

natureimpulse

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 10:44:53 am »

I will try to explain that issue with more words like I want to say from the beginning I have a K-Lite Codec Pack 7.0.0 Full.  

I am starting MC player and I am playing a video/audio file. After that I minimized the MC player and in Windows Explorer I start to look for audio video files which are on different folders or on different partition on the HDD (I have only two partition on my HDD) ... In one particularly moment I am trying to play a file... MC player load the file and everything is okay.... I minimized again the player and I am making some job on the computer... In the mean time I am deciding to play different file... MC player is running a file in that moment... I see file audio/video (doesn't matter witch) and I double click on the file with the mouse. For a bit of the second I see my cursor of the mouse loading but the file is not in MC player list... I am trying again to play the file... and everything is okay now... Again in a while MC is playing some files which are in the playing list... I see some file on the HDD I mark the file with the left click of the mouse and I press enter at the keyboard... I see again the cursor of the mouse loading but again the file is not loading in the MC list and after that is not playing...

First I was thinking after a while my HDD is going in sleep mode but it's not that because I had make a power plan in Windows for 'high performance' like I put for the HDD never to sleep...

Now I am thinking... what could be the reason for that, because is really annoying....

Any ideas  ?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 02:20:04 pm »

I have a K-Lite Codec Pack 7.0.0 Full.  

K-Lite Codec Pack Full is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:42:01 pm »

This isn't a common problem, so I'm not sure.

Make sure you have the latest v16 installed (build 86 or newer).

Double-check the file associations in Options > File Types.

You could also consider picking things to play from inside the program.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

natureimpulse

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 06:40:51 am »

Last night I make some tests... I don't think the problem is in some codec or in the codec pack. Every time I try to play a different mp3-file which are in one folder (inside there are around 100's of mp3 songs).

1- MC is the default audio/video player in Windows. I double click on some file.... everything is fine..... I wait a few seconds and I play a different file.... everything is fine.... And after a few songs again I see the cursor of the mouse loading but the file is not going in the MC player list... Sometimes I saw and following... For few times when I try to play file and everything is okay straight away after that maybe 2 seconds I try to play different file... This time the file is going in the list but is not playing....

2-I make the default player for audio/video Winamp in Windows and I restart the system... After that for the next 20 minutes I try to make the some exercise like with the MC player.... For this 20 minutes everything with the playing was fine.

3- I make the default player for audio/video Media player Classic in  Windows and I restart the system... After that for the next 20 minutes I try to make the some exercise like with the MC player and again like was with Winamp everything was okay...

I will continue with my test...

natureimpulse

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:43:15 am »

In this days I'd try different players like for some period of time and I'd make each player default in Windows...

KM Player - no problems;
Media Player Classic - no problems;
GOM player - no problems;
Winamp - no problems.

So I think this issue is with the Media Center player, because I didn't have a problems with the playing the files in the players different from the MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up