INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jalapeno Poppers  (Read 883 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Jalapeno Poppers
« on: May 16, 2011, 01:00:58 pm »

Jalapeno Poppers

Ingredients

•   12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, stems, seeds and membranes removed
•   6 - 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
•   1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack, cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese Or A Combination Of All Three
•   4 large eggs
•   1 cup panko crumbs, or fine dry breadcrumbs (panko works better)

Directions

Slice The Tops off the Peppers, But Remember What Top Goes to What Pepper since You Will Be Putting the Top back on.

Take a Butter knife and cut out the center of the peppers, and set this along with the seeds aside.

Take The Panko bread crumbs and with a immersion blender grind them down into a powder.

In a bowl cream together the cream cheese and the other selected cheeses using an emission blender. If you wish it spicier add the seeds and core of the peppers back into the cheese mixture and blend well.

You can use a butter knife to put the cheese into the peppers, or I have also tried a beef jerky, or cookie press. Just use the round attachment so you can get the cheese deep inside the pepper.

With the peppers filled press the tops back on. I have found it best not to have any excess cheeses in the pepper, so have the cheese just flush.

With the caps back on use one hand and roll it in the eggs and with the other roll the pepper in the breading. Once they are all done put in the fridge or freezer for 5 or 10 mins.

Repeat The Breading Two more times, and each time put the peppers in the fridge for 5 or 10 mins.

Have your deep fryer on 325 and place your peppers in the fryer for 4 mins.

Once done let your peppers cool on the counter for 30 mins. This will cook the peppers with carry over heat.

When you’re ready to eat place the peppers back into the deep fryer for 3 more mins.

Let peppers cool for about 5 mins this will give the peppers more time to cook in carry over heat, and time to let the cheese to cool.

What you do not want to do is cook your peppers one time for 7 mins lets say. What happens is the cheese starts to boil inside the pepper that increases presser, and the cheese starts to leak out, when you are done you will have a cooked pepper with no cheese in it. It will be all burnt and on the bottom of the deep fryer.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Jalapeno Poppers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 01:27:38 pm »

I prefer halfing mine, filling with cheese-cream cheese mix, topping with prosciutto and popping them in the oven. Less messy, and ooohhh so good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up