INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch of questions  (Read 1700 times)

vaterp

• Recent member
Batch of questions
« on: May 18, 2011, 02:22:54 pm »

Hey all,

So I've got another round of questions for those that haven't lost patience with me :)

1)  If I use the library functions to move files by the auto rules it leaves the folder.jpg behind which a) screws up the persistence of keeping the right album art with the actual tracks and b) stops the old directory from being deleted because its no longer empty.... any way to fix this?
2)  For podcast usage, I noticed you can set alot of default tags to anything you want... is there anyway to set the AlbumArtist though?
3)  Is there a way to review "dead files"?  I would make a smartlist if needed.... but i can't figure out how.
4)  I've read there is a way to auto download album art, but i cant figure out how...?
5)  Regarding syncing to an ipod - is there a way to build a playlist, or just configure by default, the synching to take say the "oldest 5" podcasts from EVERY podcast channel I subscribe too?

Thanks!

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Batch of questions
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 02:55:05 pm »

1)  If I use the library functions to move files by the auto rules it leaves the folder.jpg behind which a) screws up the persistence of keeping the right album art with the actual tracks and b) stops the old directory from being deleted because its no longer empty.... any way to fix this?
No

3)  Is there a way to review "dead files"?  I would make a smartlist if needed.... but i can't figure out how.
You mean missing files?
Code: [Select]
[=IsMissing([Filename])]=1
4)  I've read there is a way to auto download album art, but i cant figure out how...?
It won't automatically download it but you can get album art by selecting the files, right click > Cover Art > Get from internet...

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 03:10:56 pm »

5)  Regarding syncing to an ipod - is there a way to build a playlist, or just configure by default, the synching to take say the "oldest 5" podcasts from EVERY podcast channel I subscribe too?

try this in a smartlist

[Genre]=[Podcast] ~sort=[Date imported]-a ~limit=500,5,[Artist*]

*where Artist or other field is your unique channel
MT5FR

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:26:07 pm »

No
You mean missing files?
Code: [Select]
[=IsMissing([Filename])]=1It won't automatically download it but you can get album art by selecting the files, right click > Cover Art > Get from internet...

Bummer... I Hope they consider an automove for folder.jpg (or at least ask) in the future. another program does this and its pretty handy not to ever have to go back into explorer.

IsMissing did the trick -- thanks!

I don't have that option available... guess I have to wait until there is a newer version available...

thx, for answers.

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:27:28 pm »

try this in a smartlist

[Genre]=[Podcast] ~sort=[Date imported]-a ~limit=500,5,[Artist*]

*where Artist or other field is your unique channel

Awesome! Thanks a bunch... fyi, for those wondering, I changed Artist to "Feed Url" and I find that works better as some feeds give different artists per track.  This board has helped me alot, thought I would share my tip back as well ;)

thx.
Pages: [1]   Go Up