INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 random questions  (Read 1080 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
2 random questions
« on: May 24, 2011, 12:19:35 am »

MC used to reliably respond the my keyboard's media Play/Pause button, but over time (as I've upgraded versions in MC 16) it has become less and less reliable. At first it was just my PC at home with a MS ergo keyboard. Now it also stopped working on my PC at work, a ThinkPad with embedded media keys that I access via it's Fn key. How can I restore this functionality.

On a completely different note, I've noticed the Media Network's Activity Log shows many entries (every few seconds) like, "Finished | NOTIFY: http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:1900* | 139 bytes". What are these and is there any way to stop them? The main reason I'd like to stop them is that they mask useful log entries.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 2 random questions
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 04:38:24 pm »

MC used to reliably respond the my keyboard's media Play/Pause button, but over time (as I've upgraded versions in MC 16) it has become less and less reliable. At first it was just my PC at home with a MS ergo keyboard. Now it also stopped working on my PC at work, a ThinkPad with embedded media keys that I access via it's Fn key. How can I restore this functionality.

Don't run Intelli-Type (itype.exe).

There are lots of threads like this around:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/intellitype-pro-70-does-not-recognize-media-keys/82b52baf-4327-4410-8676-091b58ff3014?page=4

There's a long history to this, but Microsoft breaks our ability to capture media keys often.  We already use two methods to catch keys (app commands and hot keys) and add ourselves to the Intellitype white list.  But recent versions of Intellitype break media keys again.

If anyone has technical details about a solution (searching MSDN turns up nothing), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up