INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't see files on my PS3  (Read 1864 times)

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
Can't see files on my PS3
« on: May 25, 2011, 08:12:15 pm »

Long time user of MC, new PS3 owner.

So, I decided to try setting up MC so that my PS3 can see my media.  I follow the instructions on the Wiki and the server appears just fine.  I'm able to browse down my views just fine, but when I get to the end, I don't find any files to be selected.

Now, my audio files are mostly FLAC, but I chose one album I knew was MP3 and it still didn't come up.  Same with a spotcheck of pictures.

Any suggestions?  MC16.0.87 here.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't see files on my PS3
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 08:38:50 pm »

Do you see the MC server on your PS3 under audio, photo and video? If so, what happens when you go to browse the library from the PS3?
If not, are both devices (MC and the PS3) on the same network segment??

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:13:10 pm »

Nevermind, I seem to have fixed it.

Now to figure out how to remove the sections that aren't appropriate (like videos in the music section)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 02:26:54 am »

...Now to figure out how to remove the sections that aren't appropriate (like videos in the music section)

I don't think you can remove those. At least I've never figured out how to do it.

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 12:25:38 am »

i haven't found a way either. it is what it is
Scott

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 01:35:20 pm »

i haven't found a way either. it is what it is
The PS3 asks for the root of the server even when it's in a subcategory like audio and there isn't a way to tell that it's actually in audio so I don't think it can be done.
OTOH, the Samsung BD players have an extended proprietary DLNA codeset that allows this. It'd be nice if there was some way to do it on the PS3.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 02:14:01 pm »

The PS3 asks for the root of the server even when it's in a subcategory like audio and there isn't a way to tell that it's actually in audio so I don't think it can be done.
OTOH, the Samsung BD players have an extended proprietary DLNA codeset that allows this. It'd be nice if there was some way to do it on the PS3.

I agree it would be nice, but lack of it does not really create any issues for me. I just wanted to let TheLongshot know there may not be a way to do it. It can be very frustrating trying to figure out how to configure something when it is not configurable.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 04:05:23 pm »

I agree it would be nice, but lack of it does not really create any issues for me. I just wanted to let TheLongshot know there may not be a way to do it. It can be very frustrating trying to figure out how to configure something when it is not configurable.
Thanks for letting him know!
Pages: [1]   Go Up