INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JR ID Line Level Problem - volume  (Read 1857 times)

Dshane

JR ID Line Level Problem - volume
« on: May 31, 2011, 03:14:33 pm »

I bought JR ID and found it very easy to install and to bring up on my system.  I have it located in my family room where my whole house amplifier lives.  I have connected the JR ID to the amplifier using the RCA jacks.  I also have Satellite radio hooked up to the amplifier.  The Satellite radio works well with good volume to all areas of the house.  The JR ID has a much lower level of volume and for my back yard set up (6 speakers with a total of 8 ohms of impedance) I cannot get enough volume to be satisfied with the sound.  I have the JR MC volume all the way to 100% on the JR ID.  This helped, but was not the answer.  Do I need a pre amp?  Is there a way to boost the line level going to the receiver?  Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JR ID Line Level Problem - volume
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 03:42:54 pm »

I bought JR ID and found it very easy to install and to bring up on my system.  I have it located in my family room where my whole house amplifier lives.  I have connected the JR ID to the amplifier using the RCA jacks.  I also have Satellite radio hooked up to the amplifier.  The Satellite radio works well with good volume to all areas of the house.  The JR ID has a much lower level of volume and for my back yard set up (6 speakers with a total of 8 ohms of impedance) I cannot get enough volume to be satisfied with the sound.  I have the JR MC volume all the way to 100% on the JR ID.  This helped, but was not the answer.  Do I need a pre amp?  Is there a way to boost the line level going to the receiver?  Thank you.
In MC, click on the speaker icon in the upper left and try changing to "internal" or another of the volume options.

Try connecting to another input on the amp.

Dshane

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:57:45 am »

JimH, thanks for the help.  This did help some, but not completely.  The line level is still lower than other output sources.  Any other suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:13:39 am »

Not if you tried both suggestions.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 05:03:11 am »

I also have noticed that the output of the ID is significantly "lower" than that of the sound card on my new powered speakers.  Have I got some setup wrong?
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up