INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo on an ipad  (Read 5784 times)

fhelenius

• Recent member
Gizmo on an ipad
« on: June 01, 2011, 12:39:49 pm »

Hi

I just love Gizmo and use it a lot playing. I have just bought an ipad - and would really love an app like Gizmo for the ipad.

Frank / Denmark

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo on an ipad
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:44:44 pm »

Agreed, but it probably won't happen on any Apple hardware.  >:(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 03:48:12 pm »

JRiver may not build an Apple Gizmo itself, but the Web Service SDK that Gizmo is built on top of is open and documented if anyone else is interested:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Web_Service_Interface
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 03:33:19 pm »

It's disappointing to think that Gizmo wouldn't be available on Apple products.  The ipad does have 80+% of the tablet market after all.

Religious objections aside, is there some specific reason why it can't/won't be available for those platforms?

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 04:28:03 pm »

I believe JRiver have put much time/money into stuff for Apple stuff before only for Apple to disable/block the software.
Twice bitten thrice shy....

wer

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 08:23:30 pm »

Really?  That's a shame.  JRiver seems to make good stuff.  I can't imagine what Apple would object to in their app...  It's tough for all those customers who are left out because of it though...

fhelenius

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 03:09:09 am »

Hi again

J River is a great product. But itīs also a question of developing the product to where the users are. We are many users and will become more who buy ipads and other tablets and therefor put the use of many things over here where you formerly used the computer. Therefore I will strongly hope that J River wil come on an ipad as well. Today its also a question of being on as many platforms as possible.

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 11:25:45 am »

I have an iPhone/iPad app that I use to control Media Center via HTTP, using commands available through WebRemote and MCWS. Jim and Matt kindly made MCC and keypress commands available very quickly. It works wonderfully. I suspect there are quite a few iPad remote apps that let you send commands to Media Center over a network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up