INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I change "media type" of many files in one go  (Read 2020 times)

_mulder

• Recent member
How can I change "media type" of many files in one go
« on: June 01, 2011, 02:58:02 pm »

Hi,
  I`m evaluating JRiver MC16 to watch Bluray rip (ISO) in MC16. The problem I have right now is integrating everything in the library. I have finally been able to show my imported ISO files under video library by adding a data view to the video view.

Now the next step is to change the Media type to VIDEO and potentially Media subtype to MOVIE. I can do it individually to each file but this is time consumming. I can select all my files but I just can`t change the Media Type of all files (when I left click on the column of my title where media type is located, all the files get deselected except for the file that I left click). I`ve tried with shift and ctrl but I just can`t change them all in one shot. Is there something obvious I`m missing?

Thanks for your help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How can I change "media type" of many files in one go
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:09:15 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

You might be able to sort them by size or date, then select just the bigger files, for example.

You could try Tools/Library Tools/Update library from tags on a few.

Ctrl left click and shift left click should work as expected.

With build 100 and using Red October for video, Blu-ray works.  Be sure to set the audio option under Video.

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 08:14:15 pm »

this is what i have done in the past. this is using your action window.this would be in the bottom left of the application. if Action Window in minimized, then it the up arrow just to the right of it.
if action window is up, then hit Tags
first thing i would do is to make sure media type is listed.
if not, then just right click to pull menu, hover over "also Show" and select Media Type (for Video)
and since youre there, add media sub type (for movie)
once those show up, the rest is easy.
select all the files you want to be made Media Type - Video.
once select is done, head over to Tags (bottom left) and fill in the blank for media sub type.
then you can do the same for Media Sub Type

to make those permanent, you need to make sure you have "Update Tags when file info changes" checked
that you can find in Options - General
(i'm not sure it actually tags some video files, but it will add a xml file which will record tag info for later importing)
otherwise, if you have to import again, u'd have to repeat those steps

Hope this helps you a little.
i can't say i know everything about this software, but i do love my library crisp and clean

Scott
Scott

_mulder

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 03:14:19 pm »

Thanks guys,
  I'll try your suggestions later tonight and see if I can make it work.

_mulder

_mulder

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 05:34:02 pm »

;D Thanks Scott,
  I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly as I wanted.

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 12:26:14 am »

that's good to hear.
i have been using this software since version 13 and it just keeps getting better. just recently, i put together an old P4 that is dedicated to Media Center and it sits in a cabinet in my garage. It serves as the server. It's connected to my 4tb NAS. and with all the movies and TV shows tagged properly and most importantly, your panes are set up right, it works very nice on my PS3 to the tv in the livingroom.
you will discover great things that you can do.
good luck

Scott
Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up