INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.396  (Read 8748 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.396
« on: February 05, 2003, 07:18:48 am »

Please Note: Support for TV and DVD playback has moved to Media Center.
TV and DVD are now only part of Media Center.

A new build of Media Jukebox is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox80396.exe

History:
Fixed: Componet download's confirmation message was poping up too often.

ChicoSelfs

Re: Media Jukebox 8.0.396
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 03:19:58 am »

Right Click on a Vorbis Ogg file and choose "Open With" ( mjextman ) it says this :
Made in Portugal

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 07:23:16 am »

I just did a clean install of this build and it didn't install mjextman.exe. Is this an error or is there a new approved way of sending commands to MJ?

wakantash

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2003, 12:09:59 pm »

You have heard from me quite a few times.  The last still hasn't been received.  I don't think that anyone understands my problem.  Maybe I'm not doing something right.
I originally downloaded the trial edition, I believe 8.0.  While the trial version was still in effect, I purchased the MJ Plus.  It showed that I was registered.  However, I had hard disk problems and had to format the C: drive.  I had it backed up, but the backup did not work, so I had nothing.  I found my original download, but it wouldn't install.  I think it must be because it assumes my trial version has expired, which it had, but I had it registered with the installation key installed.  But everytime I send this in, I receive a new installation key.  I have no version at all to apply it.  Since I don't have anything, I don't know how to apply the key even there were a way.  Sending me a key withoug any directions does help me at all.  I don't know what to do.  I'm not completely ignorant about computer programs, but I need some detailed help.  Please help me, as I really like the program and want to get it back.  This time I have a good backup program.  Thank you.

John W. Stone, Jr.
jstonejr2001@charter.net

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2003, 12:16:35 pm »

John,
Please read this:

www.mediajukebox.com/license

Then make sure you have the latest build of whatever you think you have a license for.

There is a restore page where you can get your license -- if the license is 8.0 or above.  Check your e-mail from buy-button @ jriver.com to find your license.

Details are all in the license FAQ above.

If you still need help, start a new thread with details on the above.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2003, 12:16:38 pm »

You have heard from me quite a few times.  The last still hasn't been received.  I don't think that anyone understands my problem.  Maybe I'm not doing something right.
I originally downloaded the trial edition, I believe 8.0.  While the trial version was still in effect, I purchased the MJ Plus.  It showed that I was registered.  However, I had hard disk problems and had to format the C: drive.  I had it backed up, but the backup did not work, so I had nothing.  I found my original download, but it wouldn't install.  I think it must be because it assumes my trial version has expired, which it had, but I had it registered with the installation key installed.  But everytime I send this in, I receive a new installation key.  I have no version at all to apply it.  Since I don't have anything, I don't know how to apply the key even there were a way.  Sending me a key withoug any directions does help me at all.  I don't know what to do.  I'm not completely ignorant about computer programs, but I need some detailed help.  Please help me, as I really like the program and want to get it back.  This time I have a good backup program.  Thank you.

John W. Stone, Jr.
jstonejr2001@charter.net

Download the new version above and try that version. there was a bug back a few versions that would not allow a user to restore a License.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

wakantash

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2003, 12:44:49 pm »

That's the problem, your answer.  I can download, but I cannot install "any of your programs".  What can I do with the license, if I do not have any MJ program installed?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2003, 12:56:03 pm »

Maybe if you provide some usefull info someone can help

why is it not installing?

do you get any error messages?

what OS are you using?

what browser are you using?

You might want to start a new thread and state your problems there since this thread is for bug reports for this version of MJ.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

digitaltrapper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go smurf yourself...
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2003, 11:33:37 am »

Is there a list of known bugs for this version?
I have one:
My volume slider does not move, however I can adjust the volume... they slider just doens't move when I adjust it.

mtkmd

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2003, 09:30:01 am »

I am getting an error when I open Media Jukebox 8.0.396-

Microsoft Visual C++
Runtime error
The application requested runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I am running Windows XP.

Thanks for your help.
:)

gkerber

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2003, 07:54:30 pm »

Does this new build include support for new(er) cd burners?

If not, can anyone please tell me what burners are supported by this release?  Looking at the cdrwin webpage tells me what the lastest version of CDRWIN supports, but not what MJ supports.  MJ support depends on what libraries from goldenhawk it was linked with?  Anyone?

Do any 48x burners work?  I'd buy a supported 32x burner but they are not to be found anywhere anymore, a few 40x and mostly 48x and 52x burners only.

And does build include mjextman.exe?  (someone else in this thread said he didn't get it).

George

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2003, 08:10:54 pm »

Bug:  Strange duplicate file name behavior.  

I import several mp3's into latest version of MJ8.  I highlight several files, then right click Properties.  Make modifications in tags, then click on Rename files from Properties.  Then go to save changes.  I get the following error:

[snip]

"Multiple files have been assigned the filename:
[it gives the name of the file here]

Media Jukebox does not understand what to do with these files.  Please fix this name collision and try again."

[unsnip]

No problem so far.  Apparently I am naming more than one file to the same file name.  I click 'ok' on the error window prompt and am taken back to the normal Media Jukebox window (NOT back to the 'Properties' window, giving me a chance to save all the changes I just made, as one would hope)!  

But that's not the bug.  The bug is that now, unless I exit the whole program and restart it, I cannot get back into file properties at all no matter what I try!  I right click on the file, choose Properties, but nothing happens!

Can you please fix this?  I'm a long time registered user and regular lurker here in Interact.  I can't tell you how frustrating it already is dealing with duplicate files in this otherwise awesome program.  :'(  Now I have to exit and reenter the whole program and I lost all the MANY changes I made in Properties...!  

An easy fix would be to simply have MJ react to ALL duplicate error messages by then putting you right back into the Properties dialog so you can both save your changes AND change any file names yourself.

Sorry this was so long but I am frustrated as it happened several times tonight...

jhuff

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2003, 05:15:44 pm »

Just loaded MJ PLUS 8.0.396
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 501 MHz MMX (2CPUs)
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Whenever I try to open the menu item Settings/Options the program hangs till I open Task Manager. this happens even if I try to use the Ctrl/O hotkey as well. Any idea what is going on here?
One other thing, when I click on the Up/Down arrow for the scroll bars in MJ the list only moves one space even if I click and hold the Up/Down arrow button. Aren't you guys using standard Windows libraries to do this sort of thing? Why doesn't it work like Windows?

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2003, 07:41:21 am »

Whoa.

Just formatted my drive: new mobo, new CPU, the whole deal. So, this is about as clean an install as it gets, in sum (Win XP pro, full updates, to include WMP 9). I cannot get this build to work. This is my first installation of it, restored license, recreated (did not restore) the library of files, and here's what happened:

1st attempt to rip a CD, several tracks came out listed as complete gobbledygook, and then MJ crashed. On restart, the same thing happened, but I managed to get some tracks available for ripping (MJ ignored the gobbledygook ones). It ripped, got a few tracks in, and crashed.

OK, maybe it was the CD. Tried again with another. This one couldn't be found on YADB and I entered into an infinite loop of OK dialogs informing me of that fact. I three-fingered out of MJ to quit that.

Restarted again. Changed prefs to CDDB, and it was found. After lookup, MJ crashed catastrophically again.

Fired up WMP9, and ripped the discs just to see if it was the discs somehow. Nope. Both were looked up and ripped flawlessly.

Soooooo, this is not so good. MJ is effectively unusable for me at this time. Hope you guys can get another build out soon.

--Sev
Severian

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2003, 08:31:59 am »

This could also be a hardware issue.

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2003, 10:05:39 am »

I'm willing to entertain that possibility, but the probability seems low, given that no other installed app is having problems except yours. Also, if your stuff doesn't run on THIS particular combination of chipset and processor, you may be up a creek. These things are flying off the shelves.

ASUS P4PE motherboard, Intel 845PE chipset
512MB PC2700 RAM
3.06 Ghz P4 processor
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 soundcard
Radeon 9700 Pro video card
TDK VeloCD, 32/10/40
Severian

Crossy

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2003, 05:24:12 am »

What is the Drive Letter you want to rip from ? any chance it is beyond F: (say G: or H:) ?? If yes - I have a similar error.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2003, 08:08:58 am »

WMP9 is NOT compatible with any build of v8. You need to back it down to the stock XP version.

Things 2 check...
1) Do you have XP SP1 installed?
2) Do you have XP's burning software disabled? (needs to be)
3) Any other burning software onboard?

10-27

edit: I've also seen the crashing problem on disks that aren't found (though not recently)

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2003, 09:32:08 am »

Indeed that is the case, as noted in the original post (WinXP pro, full updates, to include WMP 9). There is no other burning software installed yet, and no actions have been taken to disable XP's native abilities, so this could very well be the deal. I'll check when I get home.

On the other hand, this seems a little extreme as far as steps to have to take just to get MJ to run properly. It's not like XP, WMP9, and the rest of the deal are just going away, nor would I expect Joe Home Consumer to know or be able to deal with stuff like this to get his software to work. Is there any movement afoot to possibly compensate for this in future builds? Does Media Center skirt around the problem?

Ah, the joys of development. >:(
Severian

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2003, 10:03:17 am »

It's not like XP, WMP9, and the rest of the deal are just going away, nor would I expect Joe Home Consumer to know or be able to deal with stuff like this to get his software to work. Is there any movement afoot to possibly compensate for this in future builds?

I think that was the Justice Department you may be thinking of, but I hear they've cooled off on the idea.  :(

We could make a lot of things work if we just went wherever we went in the OS and did what we needed to.  That's not supposed to be the way it works.

plas

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2003, 03:25:36 pm »

Conversions to OGG, MP3, MPC, APE still crash my computer.
I have already posted this problem when I used Media Center 9.0.84. So you can search MediaCenter9 message board for more details.  I had to return back to Media Jukebox 8, because my trial period expired.

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2003, 12:00:39 pm »

I uninstalled WMP using Control Panel, nothing special. Reinstalled MJ, and it all works. Reinstalled WMP9 and it all works, still.

Get the occasional bug with some tracks not being recognized or coming out as "Track 1" (etc), or the CD's full list of tracks being duplicated twice over in the same screen after a lookup, but an F5 usually clears it up...thanks for the support. Back in action and happy about it.
Severian

SteveORama

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2003, 05:10:22 pm »

There was a persistant bug that showed up if you had more than one CD drive of the same model and firmware. If you tried to Rip (or even attempt to play) selections from the same type drive, you would get the message
"Open Drived Failed - Parameter is out of Range",
and after clicking OK - you get "Read Track Failed  Drive Is Not Opened".
I reported this bug several months ago, and it has never been fixed.
So I got 4 different CD/RW drives, and now I get this error after downloading the latest version and Ripping one CD.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.396

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2667 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 230 MB
Resource Info: System - 38 %, GDI - 69 %, User - 38 %

Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1020) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

CD/RW's
Lite-On LTR-3212S firmware XS0X
Lite-On LTR-4012S                XSU1
Lite-On LTR-4812W               VS44
Lite-On LTR-52246S              6507

Steve

SteveORama

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2003, 06:10:34 pm »

Program stops displaying track information after getting CDDB or YADB track info for several CD's, or refreshing several times (trying to replace artist name of various artist with actual artist, I don't know why, but this sometimes it displays "various artist" as artist, and a update cd information sometimes fixes it, sometimes not - I'm not talking about switching from CDDB to YADB)  . Shutting down MJ and restarting does not fix the display of track information. you must reboot the PC.

Another bug - program goes into a loop - Please wait Analyzing Devices, the CD and Handhelds expands displaying all cd drives, and then collapses, then Please Wait - Analyzing Devices, Please Wait  - repeat over and over again.

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2003, 11:14:36 am »

Hi,

Perhaps someone could help me with a small but really annoying MJB problem I've been having.

I have my Windows XP task bar set to "always on top" and "auto hide".

I'm using MJB 8.0.396 (but this problem has existed in several previous 8.0 builds as well).

In MJB I have "Skins disabled" and "Minimize to system tray" set.

The problem: The Window's Taskbar does not stay on top consistently when MJB is running.  Often times if I open MJB from the tray, switch off to another window, and then bring my mouse down to the task bar I'll find that the task bar is behind the other windows.

Also affected are tool tips.  When I mouse over an icon in the task bar the tool tip is often obscured by the task bar itself.

Thanks!

Install Path: G:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 447 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 121 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2003, 11:44:19 am »

SteveO...

> Open Drived Failed - Parameter is out of Range"

This looks like an ASPI error. It also looks like your using external Adaptec ASPI so you need to update to latest (4.7.1.2 AFAIK). May fix problem.

10-27

SteveORama

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2003, 03:57:13 pm »

Ok - I updated the Aspi - no difference.
I was able to rip the the two cd's of the standard ide interface - but could not play anything from the CDRW's connected to the Ultra 133 controller card.
The program started into the Analyzing devices-drop-down loop, after the Read track Failed message, and removing the 2 cd's from the succesful rip.
The tracks are all itentified in these controller attached drives, just not usable from MJ.
I clicked off auto-insert from the drives and rebooted, that fixed the loop problem, but still can't use these drives in MJ.  CD's rip fine with Roxio EZCD using these drives.

Win9x-ME Promise Ultra 133 TX2 IDE Controller

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2655 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 191 MB
Resource Info: System - 33 %, GDI - 65 %, User - 33 %

Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

Do I need to re-install MJ after aspi update?

Steve

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2003, 10:44:45 am »

Any takers?

Hi,

Perhaps someone could help me with a small but really annoying MJB problem I've been having.

I have my Windows XP task bar set to "always on top" and "auto hide".

I'm using MJB 8.0.396 (but this problem has existed in several previous 8.0 builds as well).

In MJB I have "Skins disabled" and "Minimize to system tray" set.

The problem: The Window's Taskbar does not stay on top consistently when MJB is running.  Often times if I open MJB from the tray, switch off to another window, and then bring my mouse down to the task bar I'll find that the task bar is behind the other windows.

Also affected are tool tips.  When I mouse over an icon in the task bar the tool tip is often obscured by the task bar itself.

Thanks!

Install Path: G:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 447 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 121 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145

"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

Rusty

• Recent member
  • Seek & Ye Shall Find ...
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2003, 11:36:35 pm »

Greetings - For I don't know how many builds now I have noticed that I cannot operate the "Add Two Second Gap Between Audio Tracks" button within the "CD WRITER SETTINGS" option ... It is locked in the on position, e.g. adding the two second gap whether you want it or not.

Is this just my localised problem, or is this a common problem, or has this feature been locked ON for some strange reason?

As it is, it means that Media Jukebox cannot be used when burning a copy of a Live album, as currently it is inserting a 2 second gap between every track & this is NO GOOD for a Live album.

Any info would be appreciated & if it is a glitch = can it be fixed soon, because it used to work ... once up on time.

Kindest regards - Rusty

gerritdejong

• nothing more to say...where in the world is???
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2003, 03:57:25 am »

Hi
i downloaded versions 7.2, 8.0 and mediacenter 9.
When i try to install 7.2 says some installationfiles are corrupt. please download a fresh copy.

8.2 and mediacenter 9 give the following errors: Errors encountered while performing the operation. Look at the informationtable for more details. (where is the informationtable??)
So i can't try the programs. I tried to download them again, but the error remains. I closed all applications (also those in the systree.)
Using a Pentium 4 and Windows XP-pro.
What is going wrong???)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2003, 04:01:32 am »

We had a similar report last week from someone using a download manager.  If you're using one, disable it.

What OS?

You will have better luck starting a new thread with a subject that describes the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up