INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using "IMAGES" to search for cover art, and...  (Read 2042 times)

aynsof

• Recent member
Using "IMAGES" to search for cover art, and...
« on: June 08, 2011, 06:51:18 pm »

Hi,

(1) It seems that the default search parameters for the IMAGES function is limited to ARTIST only. I would  like to search for both ARTIST and ALBUM so that the relevant Google search is thus performed (that is, so I immediately get to the cover art search results). Can someone tell me how to do this (careful details would be be much appreciated)?

and...

(2) There doesn't seem to be a way to "enwiden" (haha) the scroll bar. I really would like to do this, especially since I often extend my desktop on to my TV, and with a skinny scroll bar I over overshoot my target and end up on the tv. Any trick to accomplish this?

(3) I almost never find anything in YADB. Is there a way to search a better database instead?

(4) I often seem to end up with two library entries for one album. Anyone know why this should be happening and/or how I can easily correct this?

I love this player/organizer--far and away the best I have encountered.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Using "IMAGES" to search for cover art, and...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 07:07:40 pm »

(1) It seems that the default search parameters for the IMAGES function is limited to ARTIST only. I would  like to search for both ARTIST and ALBUM so that the relevant Google search is thus performed (that is, so I immediately get to the cover art search results). Can someone tell me how to do this (careful details would be be much appreciated)?

(3) I almost never find anything in YADB. Is there a way to search a better database instead?

(4) I often seem to end up with two library entries for one album. Anyone know why this should be happening and/or how I can easily correct this?

1) Right click one of the links to manage the links.  Create an identical one to the Images link, but change the Search URL to:

http:////images.google.com//images?q=Hexify([Artist]) Hexify([Album])

This should help you see how its done.

2) Not sure about this - Theater View or a different skin?

3) MC will also use FreeDB, but you'll have to pay for MC.  What do you want for free! :-)

4) See this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64559.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

aynsof

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:08:24 pm »

thanks so much!

(1) works like a dream!
(2) ok, well, I'll live!
(3) right, for free, it's quite a deal
(4) got it!

thanks again

MrC

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:14:45 pm »

You're welcome.

FYI: you can use another program to lookup trackinfo if it writes to cdplayer.ini. Then MJ can import trackinfo for an album from cdplayer.ini.

aynsof

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 02:19:07 pm »

Hi again (I wrote a few months ago, as you can see). I recently did a clean re-install of my operating system (what I like to call a "digital enema"), and after installing mediajukebox again and following your excellent instructions regarding downloading album art (http:////images.google.com//images?q=Hexify([Search])), alas, I get to the correct Google page (showing album art) but when I try to download the image, I am simply taken to a (standard) pop-up of the image itself; that is, the relevant jukebox option window does not appear. any help with a fix would be much appreciated.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 04:57:44 pm »

I think Google changed the web page, and this broke MC & MJ.  MC16 was updated to accommodate this.  MJ14 has not been updated (and I wouldn't hold my breath.)

aynsof

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:04:12 pm »

thanks again for the speedy reply. Ok I will break down and buy the program:-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up