INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm right-clicking on 2 images but I can't find "stack"  (Read 1076 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
I'm right-clicking on 2 images but I can't find "stack"
« on: June 11, 2011, 05:21:01 pm »

Has this option moved? Have I disabled it somewhere?
I'm looking at a smartlist that displays duplicates of date (filename friendly), I've selected 2 images, right-click and I can't see "stack" anywhere.
Help!
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: I'm right-clicking on 2 images but I can't find "stack"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »

I don't see it under when in a smartlist view.  But selecting the same files, under say an audio view, shows the Stacks context menu.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 07:06:36 pm »

The "Stack" options are only available in library views, not smart list views. There are two options available to you...

1. Create a library view using the smartlist rule in the "rules for file display" area of the view scheme setup to return the same file set and have access to all the stack commands.

2. Go to an arbitrary library view and stack a couple of files. This places the "Stack" command on the right click MRU (I have mine set to show eight items). Now, when selecting files in a smart list, right click and choose the "Stack" command from the MRU. Works a treat, but initially, shows the stack as 'expanded'. Refreshing the list collapses the new stacks.

-marko

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:41:26 pm »

Thanks guys. I created a view scheme and applied the smartlist rules smartlist to it. Seemed to be the simplest solution.  It's a shame that stack doesn't work (without noodling) for smartlists, as they seem to be a good set: smartlist to find dupes, then stack the dupes.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up