INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: odd podcast behavior  (Read 12912 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
odd podcast behavior
« on: June 14, 2011, 09:27:23 pm »

i'm using media center 16.110 and am experiencing odd behavior when listening to podcasts.

from time to time, the podcast i am listening to will skip to the next podcast in playing now without any input from me. it seems to be random, sometimes can go 30 minutes or an hour before it happens, but sometimes happens within 15 minutes.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: odd podcast behavior
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 09:32:14 pm »

Just some thoughts...

- any pattern, or repeatable with the same podcast?
- wireless keyboard w/media keys have low batteries?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:57:51 am »

Just some thoughts...

- any pattern, or repeatable with the same podcast?
- wireless keyboard w/media keys have low batteries?

does not appear to be any pattern. not sure if some podcasts are working and some aren't. all the podcasts i listen to are from the ESPN podcenter. if i get to say 25:30 in one podcast and it skips to the next file, if I go back to the first one and start playing it at 25:20, it doesn't fail again at 25:30; it does seem random.

no wireless keyboard connected. I do have a wireless mouse, but the batteries are well charged.

alief

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:18:53 pm »

I am experiencing this myself - very frustrating.
Has anyone solved the mystery of what is causing this and more importantly, how to stop it?  It's maddening when you are listening to a podcast.

(wasn't sure if I should start a new topic when the problem was already laid out here)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:11:31 am »

I wonder if the mp3 is corrupt such that reported duration is shorter than actual duration. Try playing the mp3 in an external player like VLC and skip ahead to near the end and see what happens.

alief

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 12:46:11 am »

Hi RJM, thanks for the reply. 

I don't think it's a corruption issue.  I don't think it's about the podcast itself.  I've taken a podcast that 'skipped' while listening on my laptop and dragged it to my mp3 player - no issue at all.  (not sure what a VLC is)

I really appreciate your help in trying to troubleshoot this. 
It's very frustrating to have this happen 2 or 3 times in the course of a 50 min podcast.  I will be about 1/2 way through and suddenly it jumps to the next podcast in line.  I have to go back, jump around guessing where left off and then it do it all over again when it jumps again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up