INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using MyMovies 4 with JRiver MC16  (Read 1933 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Using MyMovies 4 with JRiver MC16
« on: July 07, 2011, 09:59:29 am »

I am a new user (I have been using MC16 for about 8 hours). I switched over from 7MC (with MPC-HC) and the MyMovies4 (MM4) collection/management program.

I like the MM4 program so I would like to know if I can continue using it for managing my movie collection - or do I need to use MC16 entirely (for all movie data/collection/management tasks).  I currently have all my movies and TV series stored on a "server computer" and I watch my movies on three "client computers/TVs". When I add a new movie (rip) I save it to the server (such as //HTPC/My Movies/Movie-Name/Movie.m2ts (or Video_TS for DVD rips) and then use MM4 to download the cover art and movie details. Same with TV series.

When I set up JRiver MC16, I just pointed it to my server and all of the movies, music, and TV series where downloaded/setup into MC16. I don't know if it is as simple as that, or if I will now need to use the MC16 program for setting up the "paths" every time I add a new movie rip. I guess I'll find out soon enough.  PS. I spent some time here trying to figure this out for myself - but found nothing specific searching for using "My Movies 4" along with MC16.

Lastly, in MC16 all of my TV series and Movies show up on the same view/list (Theater View). Is it possible to have an icon/selection on the "main menu" just for "TV" and a different icon/slection for "Movies"? I would like to have TV related things (Netflix, Live TV, recorded TV, TV Series) grouped together and all my Movies in another group.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using MyMovies 4 with JRiver MC16
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:09:43 am »

Welcome!  I just saw your post over on AVSForum and put a link here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64823.msg436428#msg436428

Thank you for that.

I don't know My Movies 4.  Sorry.  There's no reason that you couldn't still use it, but I'm not sure how it will affect MC.

MC has something called Autoimport.  You can set it up by going to Tools/Import/Autoimport.  Add or remove directories you want to watch, then edit each one to tell MC which types of files to import.

For the Theater View problem, there should be a second roller:

Movies  Telvision  Netflix  Youtube  etc

Each type should be separate when you choose one of these.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 10:15:46 am »

You can still use Mymovies collection management. I do.

Export to an xml file from the file menu in collection management. Import the same file as a playlist from the file menu in MC16.

That should do it.

TLS

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 10:59:30 am »

Thanks!

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 01:33:54 pm »

I just found the info I was looking for in the Wiki section too: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MyMovies. There is a lot of info here spread out amoung the various areas.
You guys thought of everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up