INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to include artwork into the sidecar file?  (Read 917 times)

biglerman

Is it possible to include artwork into the sidecar file?
« on: June 17, 2011, 07:01:46 am »

Hi all, I was wandering if there's a way to include artwork into the sidecar file?, I'm planning on reformatting my PC and am trying to avoid the tedious task of having to once again add high quality custom movie cover art to all of my 7000+ AVI movies, I had the same problem the last time I had to do this, the name, genre year tags are all restored as before except the cover art was gone and I was left with just the movies thumbnail. Is there any way around this?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is it possible to include artwork into the sidecar file?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:53:14 am »

No.  The sidecar file is just an XML file (a text file), and can't "contain" graphics of any kind.  Unfortunately, the sidecar files also don't appear to include the path to any manually set Image Files used as cover art (BTW, J River, why?)...

But, your MC library DOES include this and all the other tags you've applied.  Just make sure to back up the library, and the cover art files themselves, and then make sure when you restore everything, that your media files and cover art files haven't moved from where they were "before".  If you need to move them, you can either move them first from within MC, or move them after you're done on the newly installed system.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up