INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC16 DLNA and Blu-Ray .m2ts files  (Read 3448 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
MC16 DLNA and Blu-Ray .m2ts files
« on: June 19, 2011, 11:31:59 am »

Has anyone managed to access ripped Blu-Ray movie files via DLNA?  I have a new Sony Bravia TV which works with SD file types but won't play these HD files. The .m2ts files show up on the TV as mpeg2 but when selected, show neither video nor audio.  I have used the pre-configured Sony BD/TV DLNA server settings.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

bob

• Administrator
Re: MC16 DLNA and Blu-Ray .m2ts files
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 09:44:47 am »

Has anyone managed to access ripped Blu-Ray movie files via DLNA?  I have a new Sony Bravia TV which works with SD file types but won't play these HD files. The .m2ts files show up on the TV as mpeg2 but when selected, show neither video nor audio.  I have used the pre-configured Sony BD/TV DLNA server settings.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick.
Try turning video conversion off in the Media Network-> "add or configure DLNA servers" -> Video options

What shows up in the "compression" field for the m2ts files?

NickF

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:51:49 pm »

Try turning video conversion off in the Media Network-> "add or configure DLNA servers" -> Video options

What shows up in the "compression" field for the m2ts files?

Hi Bob,

I have set the video conversion to "never convert".  I'm not sure what you mean by the "compression" field.  I assume you mean the info displayed against the file on the Sony TV.  This is MPEG2, whether the conversion is on or off.

One thing I notice is that, if I select the file to play from the TV, I get some of the info displayed on the TV as for a file which plays normally, presumably as ffmpeg fires up but then a blank screen.  If I then look at the Playing Now entry for the TV in MC, the file playing info shows the play timer at the top of the window cycling through a four second segment, sometimes 0.00 to 0.04 and sometimes 00.50 to 00.54, as though ffmpeg is stuck in a loop.

Not sure if this helps.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 04:18:37 pm »

Hi Bob,

I have set the video conversion to "never convert".  I'm not sure what you mean by the "compression" field.  I assume you mean the info displayed against the file on the Sony TV.  This is MPEG2, whether the conversion is on or off.
The compression field is in the MC database, like artist, album, etc. You can right-click on a display field in the database (say artist) and get a list of all of the fields you can display. Select the compression field and see what's in that field for the .m2ts files...
One thing I notice is that, if I select the file to play from the TV, I get some of the info displayed on the TV as for a file which plays normally, presumably as ffmpeg fires up but then a blank screen.  If I then look at the Playing Now entry for the TV in MC, the file playing info shows the play timer at the top of the window cycling through a four second segment, sometimes 0.00 to 0.04 and sometimes 00.50 to 00.54, as though ffmpeg is stuck in a loop.

Not sure if this helps.

Nick.
ffmpeg won't fire up if conversion is turned off. The file will be streamed as-is to the TV. If the TV can't handle the format natively it won't play it.
It may think it can handle it so you get the metadata but once it starts to stream the TV may decide it can't handle the format.

NickF

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 05:35:18 pm »

I found the compression option.  It shows: m2ts video (video: AVC1, audio: unknown codec).

Edit:
I have checked in MC15 and this shows m2ts video (video: AVC1, audio: AC3).  The file will play in both MC15 and MC16 but not via DLNA from either.

Nick.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 10:34:37 am »

I found the compression option.  It shows: m2ts video (video: AVC1, audio: unknown codec).

Edit:
I have checked in MC15 and this shows m2ts video (video: AVC1, audio: AC3).  The file will play in both MC15 and MC16 but not via DLNA from either.

Nick.
The missing audio codec info in 16 is interesting however I think the trouble is that your TV can't play HD content over DLNA. You might look up your particular model in the DLNA.ORG database. I tried for the KDL-46NX810 we have and it shows only SD as playable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up