INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MDAPI Filter supported?  (Read 3093 times)

fabien44

• Recent member
MDAPI Filter supported?
« on: June 22, 2011, 03:49:55 am »

Hello,

i am a new here. Today i use DVBViewer for mediacenter and i would like to change. I am just testing MC16 and it's great! I want to use it for TV watching and i am wondering if MDAPI filter plugin is supported so that i could watch my subscribed encrypted channels that i could with DVBViewer?

Thanks in advance,
Fabien

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MDAPI Filter supported?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 07:41:22 am »

Today i use DVBViewer for mediacenter and i would like to change. I am just testing MC16 and it's great! I want to use it for TV watching and i am wondering if MDAPI filter plugin is supported so that i could watch my subscribed encrypted channels that i could with DVBViewer?

Having a 'flexible' directshow filter graph for TV would be a huge step forward.  This would open out a huge market for JRiver, especially with the 'demise' of SageTV. Currently there is no support for unencrypted h264 streams, so a more flexible directshow approach would be an advantage here too. IIRC DVBViewer is directshow based and having tried a few DVB options over the past few weeks seems the most stable at doing the actual tuning - perhaps a collaboration between DVBViewer and JRiver for a 'paid' TV addin would be excellent!    

It's not as simple as just adding in filter support (like you can in the main JRiver playback engine), I guess, as you'd have to have some means of communicating specific tuning information back to the BDA drivers too as well as the complexity of recording the stream and live pause etc.

SBR
Pages: [1]   Go Up