INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for video FPS viewer  (Read 2037 times)

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
Request for video FPS viewer
« on: June 24, 2011, 05:40:41 pm »

Hi,

Is there any way to view the FPS of a blu ray and DVD while watching it straight from optical disc? adding FPS in the info/tags  window at top of J River, only works for imported files. Find this quite important as some blu rays are true 24FPS and some are 23.976, and some rare even 25 interlaced . my graphics card supports 24 (24hz) and 23.976 (23hz) etc etc and be nice to know this info to manually change it to play correctly.
thanks.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Request for video FPS viewer
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:35:57 pm »

Actually Blu-rays encoded at a straight 24fps are pretty rare as the main studios all slow film content down to 23.976 for better compatibility with legacy NTSC equipment.  That said all the 23.976 stuff will have come from film and should be played back at 24fps anyway.  The advantage of Videoclock is that it does not really matter which freq you use as the decoded audio will resampled to keep pace with either gpu mode of 23.976 or 24hz and I doubt you will ever notice such a small pitch change between the two settings.  Also there are plenty of 50i or 60i Blu rays (TV Show, Concerts).
JRiver CEO Elect

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 07:22:42 pm »

Actually Blu-rays encoded at a straight 24fps are pretty rare as the main studios all slow film content down to 23.976 for better compatibility with legacy NTSC equipment.  That said all the 23.976 stuff will have come from film and should be played back at 24fps anyway.  The advantage of Videoclock is that it does not really matter which freq you use as the decoded audio will resampled to keep pace with either gpu mode of 23.976 or 24hz and I doubt you will ever notice such a small pitch change between the two settings.  Also there are plenty of 50i or 60i Blu rays (TV Show, Concerts).

Be nice to know what FPS is on the disc. i like to manually change the monitor refresh rate. not a fan of pitch shifting audio signal to fit the video clock.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 07:32:48 pm »

Sorry... to answer your original Q - At this stage MC does not read the FPS on stuff unless it is imported into the libray first.  The only way currently that I know of see the fps and changing the refresh rate is from the madVR OSD or Reclock (if you use either) .
JRiver CEO Elect

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 07:37:03 pm »

Sorry... to answer your original Q - At this stage MC does not read the FPS on stuff unless it is imported into the libray first.  The only way currently that I know of see the fps and changing the refresh rate is from the madVR OSD or Reclock (if you use either) .

OSD (on screen display?) how do i get that to work?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 07:46:42 pm »

If you are using madVR you can bring up it's OSD with Ctrl+J and it shows a bunch of stats while the video is playing (if it does not bring it up MC is grabbing the key stroke as it is used by MC to do a check for updates.  If this is the case you will need to first bring up and have as the active window the madVR diag box first. )
JRiver CEO Elect

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 07:50:52 pm »

If you are using madVR you can bring up it's OSD with Ctrl+J and it shows a bunch of stats while the video is playing (if it does not bring it up MC is grabbing the key stroke as it is used by MC to do a check for updates.  If this is the case you will need to first bring up and have as the active window the madVR diag box first. )

Thanks for the tip, this would be perfect. will try it soon.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 09:50:25 pm »

works great!
any chance of making the font bigger?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 09:59:25 pm »

You would have to ask madshi over in his doom9 forum
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up