INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Music  (Read 1484 times)

KJWHO

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
No Music
« on: June 04, 2011, 05:35:22 pm »

Hi there...any ideas??

I have had Media Centre 16 for about a month now.  I had it up and running with A Wadia 151 thru  USB  and thru a Benchmark thru the Real Tech  SP/Dif Digital out ,using WASAPI setting. I am just trying a new Grace m903.

The Grace shows up in Sounds and works with Windows Media Player .  Can't get any sound out of it with J River....have tried various settings and played around but no joy, and I'm no stranger to computers...any helpful hints.??

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No Music
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 06:08:25 pm »

There are two different WASAPI modes.  Have you tried both?  Exclusive on or off?  If another program is using WASAPI in Exclusive mode, you won't hear anything in MC.

Have you been here?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

KJWHO

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:54:50 pm »

;)

Yep,  thanks working now.  Came up with a pop up advising me to use 32 bit presentation...which I did...no joy, then similar pop up saying set to 96 sampling 2 channel 24 bit...which I did and ................

.........A bit of fiddling with the 2 WASAPI modes and the Exclusive button.

Got music with all players   J River,  WMP and Win Med Centre

THANKS!

KJWHO

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 02:17:46 am »

:o

Jim H..............sorry to report the set up seems unstable...will be playing music then just stops.

Can't figure it out. 

If I switch off Media Player and reset parameters in Output section then goes again...for a while

Cheers, KJHWHO

ksteele36

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 02:09:00 pm »

:o

Jim H..............sorry to report the set up seems unstable...will be playing music then just stops.

Can't figure it out. 

If I switch off Media Player and reset parameters in Output section then goes again...for a while

Cheers, KJHWHO

I am having the same issues...
I have used MC for years now and never a hitch until I decided to upgrade and make the purchase (BTW - I would have never made the purchase if I didn't think this was the absolute BEST product available - LOVE this software) However, I am now battling with the player to play more than a few songs at a time before it just up and stops playing in the middle of a song. ? I don't get it - it was fine all this time and now ? The software/player is not frozen... it just stops playing randomly. I am a professional that is very busy and I don't really have a lot of time, nor the knowledge to pin down my output settings, drivers and whatever else may be causing this issue, but did confirm that I have the most recent stable version available (16.0.121) running on a 32 bit windows 7 Ultimate Edition, Audio Output = Direct Sound

Any Help Please? Thanks, "K"

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 02:21:58 pm »

I am having the same issues...
I have used MC for years now and never a hitch until I decided to upgrade and make the purchase (BTW - I would have never made the purchase if I didn't think this was the absolute BEST product available - LOVE this software) However, I am now battling with the player to play more than a few songs at a time before it just up and stops playing in the middle of a song. ? I don't get it - it was fine all this time and now ? The software/player is not frozen... it just stops playing randomly. I am a professional that is very busy and I don't really have a lot of time, nor the knowledge to pin down my output settings, drivers and whatever else may be causing this issue, but did confirm that I have the most recent stable version available (16.0.121) running on a 32 bit windows 7 Ultimate Edition, Audio Output = Direct Sound

Any Help Please? Thanks, "K"

This is either a drive issue (like a NAS going away) or a sound card issue.

Try switching to "WASAPI - Event Style" in Options > Audio.

It would also be good to update your soundcard drivers.

Thanks for the upgrade.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up