INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separate movies from home videos  (Read 1532 times)

branty1970

• Recent member
Separate movies from home videos
« on: July 02, 2011, 08:14:17 am »

I have two folders named videos and movies in which I have lots of video files. The videos folder is all my home movies (the kids playing and the like) and the movies folder has lots of movies in it (no surprise there!). I can't find a way of telling MC15 that the movies folder should be displayed separately from the videos folder.

The file types are mixed so I can't say that all the movies are MKV and all the home movies are avi for example.

Is there a way to get these files shown separately - especially in the home theatre view?

Regards,
Martin.

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Separate movies from home videos
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 08:31:09 am »

You have to tag your videos, start looking for field "media sub type", there you have alternatives like movies, home-videos and other stuff..you can also filter out the videos with no effort, if you have them in separate folders..

use filter in the views, it's one of MC's absolute strongholds  :)

also.. in MC 16 a guessing feature was introduced, so field media sub type is automatically filled with something according to matts...
MT5FR

branty1970

• Recent member
Re: Separate movies from home videos
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 08:57:57 am »

Thanks Lasse_Lus,

Now my media is organised properly! I start to show off my new HTPC and not have people complain about everything being mixed together.

Martin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up