INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I install LAV CUVID?  (Read 2389 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Can I install LAV CUVID?
« on: July 07, 2011, 06:18:31 pm »

Before switching to JRiver, I had a pretty good setup in the making with LAV Filters/Splitter, ReClock, MadVR, LAV Audio. Last week I purchased a Nvidia GT440 dGPU to go the next level and run LAV CUVID.

Now that I am running MC16 (which has most of the above) instead of MPC-HC, can I still add LAV CUVID to take full advantage of my new graphics card?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Can I install LAV CUVID?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:49:11 pm »

Yes. My current setup is RO High Quality with additional filters (=LAV Cuvid and ffdshow raw for subtitles)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:59:05 pm »

Yes, you can set-up LAV CUVID. I am also using RO High Quality with Additional filters. After you select this as Directshow selection method in Tools->Options->Video, you will have to select the filetype for which you would want LAV CUVID to be used. This selection appears at the bottom of the Tools->Options->Video dialog. In Other Filters, select LAV CUVID. Repeat this for *each* filetype that you want LAV CUVID to be used. Now, when you play a video file it should use LAV CUVID.

EDIT: You can confirm that you are using LAV CUVID by right clicking on the video when it is playing and selecting "Directshow Filters" in the pop-up menu. That should display the list of filters you are using (with the ones that you cannot configure greyed out).

It is clunky to have to do this for each video file-type. I understand that this is one of the things that is being considered for improvement in the future.

Osho

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 01:24:31 pm »

I installed the latest LAV CUVID, it shows in my start menu, but for the life of me can't see in anywhere in the Video settings in MC. RO HQ with additional filters is sellected and in any of the file types i select it is not there.... Do I have to go to the External options?

Help.

Ken

Edit:  Never mind... 

Playback Method - JRiver video engine (using DirectShow filters)
other filters

I knew if I posted for help I would find it right away....

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)
Pages: [1]   Go Up