INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assigned Unassigned Movies Versus Television (Ceton)  (Read 1266 times)

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
Assigned Unassigned Movies Versus Television (Ceton)
« on: July 07, 2011, 02:07:24 am »

I guess as usual I am not following what should be simple. When I create a recording WTV in WMC (ATSC from HD Homerun) It show ups in Theater View as Television. If the WTV file was an HD Cable recording from my Ceton it does not show up in Theater View. It is there in Standard View... The WTV files are listed as unassigned. If there is a tag I have to make get it to show up in as Television how is it that the ATSC recording is getting tagged. Now if the recording from the Ceton has copy protection then there is no Thumbnail from the file. That is understandable.

So help me understand what I have to do. I don't want to spend my time in Theater not tagging every recording.

Also I tried to set up the HD Homerun in "Devices". I do a channel scan and it finds no channels. Of course it works fine WMC. I did set the main application in the HD Homerun to JRiver MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Assigned Unassigned Movies Versus Television
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 01:15:13 pm »

By default we guess the media sub type.

If we guess wrong, you have to set the 'Media Sub Type' field for the files in question.

Could you describe the files a little more that we're guessing incorrectly for?  What is in the duration, file type, and compression fields in Media Center?

Thanks.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 01:58:15 pm »

I believe the file from the Ceton tuner is Windows Media DRM.  Some of these MC can read, others it can't.  It would require a multi-thousand dollar payment to Microsoft.  Please let us know how you do with those files.  I'm interested in Ceton.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 02:50:10 pm »

Running a Ceton here too, and the biggest issue with integrating into MC is the DRM.  Anything marked 'copy once' will not be usable in MC16 due to the DRM, and if you are unlucky enough to have TWC they mark ALL of their content as 'copy once' except for the local 'over the air' rebroadcasts.  With 'copy once', the actual recording of the show in WMC is counted as that one allowable copy and from there the file can only be played back on that specific machine or from that specific machine sending to an extender.  Easier for me to keep it all in the WMC/Extender ecosystem as opposed to trying to explain to the family that playback method will change based on a arbitrary copyright flag.

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 04:42:59 am »

Jim, I know nothing about what costs would be involved but, I've had my Ceton since they first came out and it is the cats %$@!  The only problem with an HTPC now is switching back and forth from MC for music to WMC for TV.  If you could do both from MC I would be a VERY happy man!

I believe the file from the Ceton tuner is Windows Media DRM.  Some of these MC can read, others it can't.  It would require a multi-thousand dollar payment to Microsoft.  Please let us know how you do with those files.  I'm interested in Ceton.
Pages: [1]   Go Up