INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which skin (aero/non-aero)?  (Read 1223 times)

rsbrux

• Recent member
Which skin (aero/non-aero)?
« on: July 12, 2011, 12:33:19 pm »

I am testing MC16 on my old FSC Scaleo E running Windows XP MCE 2005 SP3.  When MC16 starts, it complains that I have selected a skin which depends on aero, and that my OS doesn't support it.  Unfortunately, the error message doesn't reveal which skin(s) is(are) at fault (standard, theater view or both).  It is also unclear to me which skins do and don't require aero.  How can I tell?  Where and how can I find "non-aero" skins?

P.S. I am using the current stable release of MC, 16.0.121
FSC Scaleo E upgraded w/Intel DH67BLB3 & Core i3 - 2100 3.1 GHz CPU
DigitalDevices DuoFlex CT & Octopus single CI

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Which skin (aero/non-aero)?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:47:55 pm »

My guess is noire glass is a problem due to the transparency.

rsbrux

• Recent member
Re: Which skin (aero/non-aero)?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 01:20:59 pm »

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for responding.  I am abandoning the experiment because of a couple of other KO criteria:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64851.msg434617#msg434617 has dashed my hopes that MC at v16 was finally suitable for use as an HTPC.
I also have the same symptoms described by glynor in http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64857.msg434678#msg434678, even though I have a TV card (Hauppauge HVR1300MCE) which works with Media Portal and has also worked (at least for video, if not audio) with previous versions of MC.  The further development of that thread doesn't give me much hope.
It is too bad, because MC has some nice features for music, and I keep trying the new versions in hopes that it will eventually develop into a full-fledged HTPC.
Thanks anyway!
FSC Scaleo E upgraded w/Intel DH67BLB3 & Core i3 - 2100 3.1 GHz CPU
DigitalDevices DuoFlex CT & Octopus single CI
Pages: [1]   Go Up