INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AVI & MKV audio (voices) no longer audible  (Read 2893 times)

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
AVI & MKV audio (voices) no longer audible
« on: July 12, 2011, 07:31:54 pm »

Running the latest build.  I get background (rear, I guess) audio but no voices.  This was working fine as late as build 121.  What do I do?  Haven't touched a thing other than installing the most recent update...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: AVI & MKV audio (voices) no longer audible
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 07:35:39 pm »

It sounds like it's using center focused mixing (a new mixing mode used for 5.1 / 7.1 on video) and you have no center speaker.

Make sure DSP Studio > Output Format is set to use the same number of channels as you have outputs on your computer, and that JRSS mixing is enabled.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 08:50:50 am »

Thank you, Matt, I'll check.

I switched from Red October to Windows Merit Based and it worked last night but I'll freely admit I know little/nothing about this.  I mostly used MC for audio only.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 12:57:15 pm »

I still have this problem with ROHQ enabled, as first mentioned in "Red October HQ - Loud music, virtually inaudible speech".

My 'fix' has been to manually install a copy of MadVR, then set the filters manually to use madVR for video and FFDShow for audio. Feels wrong though, because the whole point of RO was that I should not have to do that, and indeed, like Crescent, until recently, everything was running sweetly...

As it is now, it works, and works well, but I'm back in that 'house of cards' zone where I don't completely understand what I did to get it to work correctly, so don't want to breath on it in case I break it again :)

-marko.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 01:09:07 pm »

Please describe your speaker setup and the settings you have in DSP Studio > Output Format.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up